Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Phone interviews in the U.S.

Wikiposts

Phone interviews in the U.S.

Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone interviews in the U.S.

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Damn, never mind. Hopefully they remember you in a couple of months time, and it all works out even better.
I have to find ways to make sure they remember me.

In a good way, that is.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:49 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I have to find ways to make sure they remember me.

In a good way, that is.
Yeah we don't want to be reading about you in the Daily Mail...
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Yeah we don't want to be reading about you in the Daily Mail...
Yes, that would be unfortunate.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Growl. Made it to the final two for a senior position, fell at the last fence. Still, they spoke highly of me and were very nice about it ,"better fit should be coming up in a couple of months, we want to hear from you again".

Sigh. But I want it NOW.
Well good luck with the coming up position! That's how I ended up with my last gig, as a follow up position.

Till then, it's been great practice
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Well good luck with the coming up position! That's how I ended up with my last gig, as a follow up position.

Till then, it's been great practice
I know, it could have been worse. I didn't make them hate me, and it sounds as though stuff will be happening that I will have a good shot at, but I am really, really, really ready for change. Need the cash, too.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I know, it could have been worse. I didn't make them hate me, and it sounds as though stuff will be happening that I will have a good shot at, but I am really, really, really ready for change. Need the cash, too.
Sorry to hear that you got pipped at the post, and I hope the other position comes up very soon.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Growl. Made it to the final two for a senior position, fell at the last fence. Still, they spoke highly of me and were very nice about it ,"better fit should be coming up in a couple of months, we want to hear from you again".

Sigh. But I want it NOW.
Ah, shite.

Still, this better fit could be a good thing. Happened to my wife for her new (ish) job, and for me; the job I have now wasn't what I interviewed for originally.

You'll get there
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sorry to hear that you got pipped at the post, and I hope the other position comes up very soon.
Thanks. Meanwhile, KBO eh?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Ah, shite.

Still, this better fit could be a good thing. Happened to my wife for her new (ish) job, and for me; the job I have now wasn't what I interviewed for originally.

You'll get there
It could be a good thing. It might be in an area that I would enjoy more - I just need it to happen, so back to my planning and plotting on how to get in front of the right people.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:37 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It could be a good thing. It might be in an area that I would enjoy more - I just need it to happen, so back to my planning and plotting on how to get in front of the right people.
Do what my wife did; she just kept in touch via email and the occasional call. The bloke was doing all he could to get her a spot and now she's kicking arse.

If you can stomach doing that kind of stuff. I can't, but she who must be obeyed kept forcing me to. Worked out in the end, I suppose.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:40 pm

Do what my wife did; she just kept in touch via email and the occasional call. The bloke was doing all he could to get her a spot and now she's kicking arse.

If you can stomach doing that kind of stuff. I can't, but she who must be obeyed kept forcing me to. Worked out in the end, I suppose.
It's the American way. We Brits have to learn to do it. It's expected and is considered as demonstrating keenness and determination.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:43 pm
I have a comma problem

It's the American way. We Brits have to learn to do it. It's expected and is considered as demonstrating keenness and determination.
It is very unlike me to demonstrate either of those two things. Even at a gig I try to hide behind the mic stand. However, I'm a half decent actor so I muddled through.

I found it particularly funny as this was the one time I didn't have to lie on my resume, I just had to pretend to be one of those outgoing types.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:46 pm

It is very unlike me to demonstrate either of those two things. Even at a gig I try to hide behind the mic stand. However, I'm a half decent actor so I muddled through.

I found it particularly funny as this was the one time I didn't have to lie on my resume, I just had to pretend to be one of those outgoing types.
Yeah, I have to work on the extrovert presentation, too.

The whole self-deprecation thing that we do is a big mistake here.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:55 pm
I have a comma problem

Yeah, I have to work on the extrovert Ipresentation, too.

The whole self-deprecation thing that we do is a big mistake here.
It has been demonstrated, by fellow Americans, I believe, that introverts make the best, well, everything, though

I can do the whole self praise stuff. I just do it in a sort of 'if it's not too much trouble to point out, I'm really quite brilliant' way.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:57 pm

It has been demonstrated, by fellow Americans, I believe, that introverts make the best, well, everything, though

I can do the whole self praise stuff. I just do it in a sort of 'if it's not too much trouble to point out, I'm really quite brilliant' way.
"Sorry to bother you, but I'm the solution to all your problems."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.