Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

pharmacy tech moving to seattle

pharmacy tech moving to seattle

Old Nov 16th 2013, 10:08 am
Just Joined

jaz50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pharmacy tech moving to seattle

hello im moving to seattle with my american wife and im a pharmacy technician here with uk qualifications.i have many years hospital experience but my concern is how good are my qualifications in the usa, is there a conversion course, will i have to take the usa/state exams to qualify for a job as a technician there or do i have to do a 2 year course as a student?any help on this matter would be appriciated!
Old Nov 16th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pharmacy tech moving to seattle

Originally Posted by jaz50
hello im moving to seattle with my american wife and im a pharmacy technician here with uk qualifications.i have many years hospital experience but my concern is how good are my qualifications in the usa, is there a conversion course, will i have to take the usa/state exams to qualify for a job as a technician there or do i have to do a 2 year course as a student?any help on this matter would be appriciated!
It looks like you will have to take a national certification exam to obtain a license to practice as a pharm tech in Washington State. This link should help you get on your way.

http://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Docu...ubs/690220.pdf

Good luck!
Old Nov 17th 2013, 10:48 am
Just Joined

jaz50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pharmacy tech moving to seattle

many thanks!!! a big help