Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Petrol/gas prices

Petrol/gas prices

Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol/gas prices

Originally Posted by frrussre
Just getting practice. 20 years from now, it may well be compulsory.
Reg. Frank R.
So true. So what are you getting up to on this beautiful spring day? Walk in the park, a little light lunch or over the river to get the shopping.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
So true. So what are you getting up to on this beautiful spring day? Walk in the park, a little light lunch or over the river to get the shopping.
She who must be obeyed, wants to go clothes, shopping. Difference from yesterday, sunny & bright. Can't go far, her at home is on call. The beeper, goes off, she has 1 hour to get to work.
Yourself, maybe some punting on the river, a glass of vino, caviar on toast.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
She who must be obeyed, wants to go clothes, shopping. Difference from yesterday, sunny & bright. Can't go far, her at home is on call. The beeper, goes off, she has 1 hour to get to work.
Yourself, maybe some punting on the river, a glass of vino, caviar on toast.
Reg. Frank R.
Sounds nice, we're off to Home Depot. Can't wait.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 7:59 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Glad we're going back to England for ours sons education, we could never afford the prices that you lot are quoting! :scared:
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

The town situated about 12 miles east of here is right on the VT/NY state line. One gas station on the NY side has regular at $1.79 a gallon, half a mile east there is a gas station on the VT side with the price at $1.65 a gallon, yet still the idiots line up at the NY one ??????
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Glad we're going back to England for ours sons education, we could never afford the prices that you lot are quoting! :scared:
You think that it is going to be cheap in England ???
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:44 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolly
Cheaper than here.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I don't think PartyStar was referring to the price of petrol, she meant the overall cost of living here, particularly education not to mention healthcare.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think PartyStar was referring to the price of petrol, she meant the overall cost of living here, particularly education not to mention healthcare.
I know she wasn't talking about the price of petrol, but a good education in the UK isn't cheap. When you consider students can get instate education cheaply here and scholarships if they are smart enough.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:13 pm
Back where I belong!

I know she wasn't talking about the price of petrol, but a good education in the UK isn't cheap. When you consider students can get instate education cheaply here and scholarships if they are smart enough.
I never said it was cheap in England. However, I do know that we (4 kids in my family, 2 went to college, the other 2 went onto Uni & got their degrees) all managed to get great educations in England. None of us had a college fund, my Mother was a single parent (our Dad ran out on us in Australia & paid £14 a fortnight for 4 kids in maintenance/child support, but only for a few years, the rest he never paid), so my Mother didn't have 2 pennies to rub together, but we all managed to pay our way through our educations.

I know people here who have college funds for their kids & still can't afford to send them to college. I've never heard of anyone back home talking about the huge amounts that I've heard people quote with regards to US college fees.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I know people here who have college funds for their kids & still can't afford to send them to college. I've never heard of anyone back home talking about the huge amounts that I've heard people quote with regards to US college fees.
setting up funds is parents first mistake, not having the money will mean they will be eligible for more state funding...much better to put that money towards retirement...
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

It's about $2.65 here, which is a massive jump from just 2 to 3 weeks ago. Gas was $2.88 in Long Beach, CA yesterday.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I never said it was cheap in England. However, I do know that we (4 kids in my family, 2 went to college, the other 2 went onto Uni & got their degrees) all managed to get great educations in England. None of us had a college fund, my Mother was a single parent (our Dad ran out on us in Australia & paid £14 a fortnight for 4 kids in maintenance/child support, but only for a few years, the rest he never paid), so my Mother didn't have 2 pennies to rub together, but we all managed to pay our way through our educations.

I remember feeling bitter about my 2k student loan lol.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I remember feeling bitter about my 2k student loan lol.
My hubby says that some of his staff in their 40's are still paying off their student loans.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

My hubby says that some of his staff in their 40's are still paying off their student loans.
US or UK people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.