Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Peter's Pies

Peter's Pies

Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

You What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant future
Default Re: Peter's Pies

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
Anyone out there know if there's a place in the US to get Peter's pies, pasties, pork pies, and sausage rolls? I miss this crap so much and would love to be able to just order some online and get my fix of steak and kidney. I'm on the East Coast - any leads???

Tracey
I know of a little British store in a town called Frederick in Maryland, he brings his products in once a month and stocks his store up with all the usual suspects, walkers crisps, mars bars etc etc, he never has the same thing in his store on a regular basis, which brings me to my point.
I asked him why if I came in one month and got cheese and onion crisps could I not get them the next month, he told me that he can only import so much due to a tax law that Bill Clinton signed while in office, and explained that this was also the reason we can no longer get British cigarettes in the stores here, however, if I knew of a specific product that I wanted, I could give him the details and he would make sure he puts it on his next order.
Do you know of any little family owned store in your area, if not I know an English guy who owns his own restaurant called Cafe Anglais, he brings in the ingredients and makes his pies himself, might not be Peter pies but they are good none the less.
If you need the details just let me know.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by You What John
I know of a little British store in a town called Frederick in Maryland, .
Prefer this fredericks .................
http://www.fredericks.com/
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Very meaty.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Well, I had my laugh of the day......
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
Very meaty.
I do like freckled chest's .......
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

You What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ray
That was brilliant, I would prefer a piece of her pie then Peters.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:23 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by You What John
I asked him why if I came in one month and got cheese and onion crisps could I not get them the next month, he told me that he can only import so much due to a tax law that Bill Clinton signed while in office, and explained that this was also the reason we can no longer get British cigarettes in the stores here, however, if I knew of a specific product that I wanted, I could give him the details and he would make sure he puts it on his next order.
Tobacco mosaic virus, perhaps?

The things we have to blame Clinton for pale in comparison to the amBUSHed legacy.... sigh....