Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pete Newton is accepting new clients for taxes

Pete Newton is accepting new clients for taxes

Old Jul 29th 2013, 10:20 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pete Newton is accepting new clients for taxes

Hi guys. I've been using Pete Newton who is a member of BE for my taxes for a few years now. I have recommended him to many people and he not only is a great CPA but a really nice guy as well. I had a former accountant who really screwed up my taxes. Pete was able to amend them and also help with my husbands self assessment. For awhile Pete was not taking on any new clients because he had quite a few and wanted to do the best job possible for everyone. FYI Pete did not ask me to post this. I am doing this because I believe in him and his services. If anyone needs a great accountant ( he is actually an EA) who is certified in not only US but UK taxes please contact him. Also feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I know Pete doesn't post much on here anymore but feel free to contact him. He always gets back to me in a timely manner. I realise it's not tax time but I try to think ahead.

Pete Newton FCA EA
British Expats Tax LLC
1979 Marcus Avenue, Suite 210
Lake Success, NY 11042
Tel: (516) 537-9680
Fax: (516) 537-9674
www.britishexpatstax.com
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:21 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pete Newton is accepting new clients for taxes

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I realise it's not tax time but I try to think ahead.
Thanks, penguinbar. This will be particularly valuable to people who were in my situation last year. I'm a USC with a foreign spouse who had no US income, and we were filing jointly. The majority of accountants I've read about seem to have the utterly wrongheaded assumption that the USC can file as "single" while immigration proceedings were underway. I was fortunate enough to have a CPA who was used to working with cross-border tax issues, though they weren't cheap: http://www.abipcpa.com/
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

When i first moved the US I had a very good tax consulant from H&R block do my taxes. I had to drive a bit further to see him but its always worth it to do things face to face. He had some extra credentials and experience in filling for immigrants, he charged around the same as filling a run of the mill tax return. I was told just to call up H&R block and ask for my nearest consulant who had such experience. I used him for 3 years and only stopped when he died.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 6:19 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Thanks, penguinbar. This will be particularly valuable to people who were in my situation last year. I'm a USC with a foreign spouse who had no US income, and we were filing jointly. The majority of accountants I've read about seem to have the utterly wrongheaded assumption that the USC can file as "single" while immigration proceedings were underway. I was fortunate enough to have a CPA who was used to working with cross-border tax issues, though they weren't cheap: http://www.abipcpa.com/
Of course.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light

I spoke to Pete regarding my taxes and whilst I haven't used his services in an official capacity yet (but will be doing), the advice he gave me regarding my situation was extremely helpful and open.