Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

PetAirUK or AirPets?

PetAirUK or AirPets?

Old Jan 13th 2015, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Markstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PetAirUK or AirPets?

We are close to arranging our move to FL and have had quotes from both (which are very similar) for our two dogs (Collie and Lab) and one cat.

Would be great to hear of any forum members personal experiences with using either, so we can make a choice.

Cheers,
Old Jan 13th 2015, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

WhyteBoar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PetAirUK or AirPets?

We also got a quote from both but went with PetAirUK in the end because they assured us that our two cats would only be flown with BA, which was the only direct flight from LHR to Phoenix. I was anxious about the whole thing and I really didn't want them to have a stop along the way.

We paid for the gold package. I was flying on a Thursday so they came and collected them on the Wednesday. The collection driver was excellent, on-time and was very chatty and keen to reassure. He sent me a text when they were all settled at their cattery.

The cats flew on the Friday and they called to confirm once they had been checked-in to their flight. We went to the cargo offices at PHX to collect paperwork in order to pre-clear the cats through customs here. About 30 mins after their flight landed we went back to the cargo offices and there they were waiting for us.

I would recommend them. I was anxious about cats travelling to PHX in August due to the extreme heat, but they were great at answering my questions and reassuring me.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Markstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond reputeMarkstone492 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Whyteboar, that's really useful.

We are leaning towards PetAirUK as they've got such a good reputation online, fly Virgin (which we do all the time and would never fly anyone else) and the Gold package has everything we need / would want. But thanks again for you input. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

We used PetAirUK and they were extremely good - excellent communications and service. It wasn't cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Another recommendation for PetAirUK - we were very happy with them.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

I think we have a winner.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

IlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond reputeIlAlfie has a reputation beyond repute

Another recommendation here too for PetAirUK. Kept those custom made crates for as long as I could....