Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pet Insurance

Pet Insurance

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 5:40 pm
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet Insurance

Hiya, can anyone recommend a good provider of pet (3 dogs) insurance? Or who to avoid?! Is it similar to home where you pay an excess and they will only pay for certain things? Does it depend on where you live too?? I seem to remember that if you lived in a nice area at home they considered you to be rich and so your premiums were more!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:38 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I use PetCare Insurance, see url below. They do not cover standard pet routice care (immunisations, etc) since these items are usually within budget and cost is often greater if they are accounted for under a pet insurance program.

The premiums are fair and dependent on dog age, and the scheme you use (emergency only, senior dog, etc). Sign up is simple and you can get a start up quote online.

http://www.petcareinsurance.com/us/index.asp

VPI is also good one and one that vets are very familiar with. Though this does include routine are coverage.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 4:13 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Insurance

Originally posted by crazi_daizi
Hiya, can anyone recommend a good provider of pet (3 dogs) insurance? Or who to avoid?! Is it similar to home where you pay an excess and they will only pay for certain things? Does it depend on where you live too?? I seem to remember that if you lived in a nice area at home they considered you to be rich and so your premiums were more!
We take our puggie Zuzu to the vet at PetSmart, "Banfield." I guess they are ok, Zuzu has been mostly healthy. The plan that includes spaying/neutering is the one we chose...it was $100 down, and $20 per month for one year. All visits and vaccinations are free. I don't know if that is good or not, I haven't been to any other vets.