Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pest Magic???

Pest Magic???

Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pest Magic???

Originally Posted by OverThePond
Anyway - I came to ask a simple question from what I thought was a fun and friendly forum - unfortunately I was wrong and I apologise for any offence caused by my question. I'll think twice before posting here again ...
My experience is that if you allow the predatory types to occupy a little corner (spiders, geckos) then you won't have pest problems. I live in Texas, where bugs are big enough to have their own ZIP code. I'm also not the tidiest housekeeper. But I've found that both in the garden and in the house, that nature will tend to keep things in check so long as all the predators aren't evicted or killed.

Sorry if you felt unwelcome.... I think the better word for this forum is brutally honest but there's also helpfulness and chat too!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:16 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Yeah - sorry if I came on too strong - must be my time of the week...

I'm not normally so venomous - I just lived in the countryside most of my life in the UK and when i moved to London I got sick of people just killing anything they saw. People jumping on chairs cos of spiders etc... I got on my soap box too much here so I apologies for the condescension.

Allergies and wolf spiders aside - I really think we're quite blessed with our level of dangerous bugs in the UK. I guess it's the weather we have to thank !

Humble pie
Rich./
NEVER apologise, NEVER explain!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
you can get those things in a lot of hardware stores, but they don't really work...
I have them - they came with my house - and they don't work at all as near as I can tell
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

I use Ortho Home Defense - about $12 a gallon at Home Depot.

Spray it all round the perimeter of the house, door and window frames etc, and then once round the skirting boards inside, and you'll never have bugs in the house again.

I used it last year and it worked brilliantly. Great stuff.