Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Perverted predators

Wikiposts

Perverted predators

Old Feb 5th 2006, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perverted predators

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Well there you go you see since we live in Florida where lethal force can be used in self defence then she's fine. Besides which an 11 year old girl defending herself against an adult male? No court in the world would find her guilty of anything.

Out of interest how would you go about defending yourself from say a rapist or mugger without attempting to permanently incapacitate them?

how about temporarily incapacitate them?...

my point wasn't that your daughter shouldn't know how to defend herself, my point definitely was that if you teach a child how to perform GBH are you also teching the child when and only when that teaching should be used.. In my experience children act before they think...
Old Feb 5th 2006, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by USBound
how about temporarily incapacitate them?...

my point wasn't that your daughter shouldn't know how to defend herself, my point definitely was that if you teach a child how to perform GBH are you also teching the child when and only when that teaching should be used.. In my experience children act before they think...
Well thats like shooting to wound....it doesnt work. Anyone thats ever been involved in real self defence (not the crap thats taught to the public) knows that when its reached that level you cant play by any rules except 1: Get them before they get you. Anything less is too risky.

On top of those skills is the absolute knowledge that to use them in any situation other than justified self defence is unacceptable. I agree that children can be foohardy and act without thinking - as can adults - however well taught and disciplined means they are less likely to do so.

It is in my experience that people that really understand and know how to win a conflict rarely end up in one.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

It is in my experience that people that really understand and know how to win a conflict rarely end up in one.
In my experience as a secutiry guard and bouncer for 3 years (18-21) there are LOTS of people who know how to inflict maximum damage when entering into a fight and not so many who know how to react to a well positioned knuckle.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 7:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

self defence and being able to incapacitate someone permanently are worlds apart.

in the UK you would be sued to high heaven....
In the states they give you a medal.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 7:40 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Is it High Noon in here yet?
Old Feb 5th 2006, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

In my experience as a secutiry guard and bouncer for 3 years (18-21) there are LOTS of people who know how to inflict maximum damage when entering into a fight and not so many who know how to react to a well positioned knuckle.

Good for you.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I can just feel the love!
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Is it High Noon in here yet?
Dunno must be on the west coast.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:11 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno must be on the west coast.

Well I was hoping for Gary Cooper, quite honestly.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well rather than go for the kiddies.. I'm more the granny predator..
Amazing what a gumming can do for you ...
And of course you can always ensure they have a defibrillator
before the meet .. thats for me ..of course...
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:34 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

got my maces at the ready...lol got one in every handbag, in my car, on my bike and just about everywhere, thankfully not had to use one yet and i just hope i act quick enough if the event occurred
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:42 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
got my maces at the ready...lol got one in every handbag, in my car, on my bike and just about everywhere, thankfully not had to use one yet and i just hope i act quick enough if the event occurred
Or just lay back and think of Englands green and pleasant lands...
Or why not just break into song ..
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Ray
What are you smoking Ray?
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:44 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
hmm that's not even funny
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Agreed completely, but would add ..." and would end one before the other party knows the conflict had begun."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.