British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/people-case-you-hadnt-realised-we-now-into-357229/)

BigDavyG Feb 24th 2006 12:05 am

People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 
...St Patrick's Day season :confused:

Wtf is that all about ??
Its a day, not a season. I mean for the love of god :rolleyes:

Jerseygirl Feb 24th 2006 12:07 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
...St Patrick's Day season :confused:

Wtf is that all about ??
Its a day, not a season. I mean for the love of god :rolleyes:

OMG it will be Christmas soon :eek:

Rushman Feb 24th 2006 12:08 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 
F**k March 17th....it's April 23rd I'm interested in.

BigDavyG Feb 24th 2006 12:09 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG it will be Christmas soon :eek:

No, first we have the Mothers' Day Season, the 4th July season and then the hallowe'en season.

Have I missed anything ??

Leslie Feb 24th 2006 12:09 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG it will be Christmas soon :eek:

Happy New Year!!!! :D

BigDavyG Feb 24th 2006 12:09 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by rushman
F**k March 17th....it's April 23rd I'm interested in.

Racist

Jerseygirl Feb 24th 2006 12:11 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
No, first we have the Mothers' Day Season, the 4th July season and then the hallowe'en season.

Have I missed anything ??


Spring season,Easter season, Memorial Day season, summer season, Fathers day season,Labour Day season, Fall season, Thanksgiving season, Winter season, the list goes on and on and on and on......................

Jerseygirl Feb 24th 2006 12:12 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 
The one I like is 'Happy Holiday Weekend' when its only Sat and Sun :confused:

Rushman Feb 24th 2006 12:17 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Racist

I know, shocking isn't it? I mean, what right have I got to celebrate my own patron Saints day when I should be celebrating someone elses!!!

Oh well, I console myself with the knowledge that St. Patrick was a Brit.

BigDavyG Feb 24th 2006 12:19 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by rushman
I know, shocking isn't it? I mean, what right have I got to celebrate my own patron Saints day when I should be celebrating someone elses!!!

Oh well, I console myself with the knowledge that St. Patrick was a Brit.

Haven't you been keeping up to date with stuff back home - you can't hang flags on St George's day cos its racist and up until the 24 hour thing some pubs couldn't use it as a legitimate reason to get extended opening.

Oh, and the last point - I'm rather fond of it myself :)

Bob Feb 24th 2006 12:21 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 
only good thing about it is the local bar, the only decent one that is, is opening back up again the day before after a month off on holidays... :D

Bob Feb 24th 2006 12:23 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Spring season,Easter season, Memorial Day season, summer season, Fathers day season,Labour Day season, Fall season, Thanksgiving season, Winter season, the list goes on and on and on and on......................

can't forget the important secretary season :D

Dan725 Feb 24th 2006 12:33 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 
Doesn't matter what effing season it is over here.....you still don't get any time off work! :(

Pimpbot Feb 24th 2006 12:36 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by rushman
F**k March 17th....it's April 23rd I'm interested in.

So our myself and Ray, as it's our birthdays.

Jaxbar Feb 24th 2006 12:38 am

Re: People, in case you hadn't realised it we are now into the...
 

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
No, first we have the Mothers' Day Season, the 4th July season and then the hallowe'en season.

Have I missed anything ??

Is mothers day a different day over here? If so any idea which is which


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:21 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.