Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pension Direct Deposit from UK

Pension Direct Deposit from UK

Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

pigg10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pension Direct Deposit from UK

OH will be receving his OAP in July. Have been filling out the paperwork and went into the bank today for the their information for the Direct Deposit into our checking account. I was told that we do not need the IBAN and their BIC and branch code will work, is this correct and has anyone done it this way.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

audi4t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pension Direct Deposit from UK

Correct

BIC is all that's required with your routing number and account number.

IBAN not part of the process and not needed

Just did this starting in January
Old Apr 18th 2014, 2:07 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

+1. IBAN not needed for the US. I've been receiving the payment this way for a few years without a glitch.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies
Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
+1. IBAN not needed for the US. I've been receiving the payment this way for a few years without a glitch.
IBANs do not exist in the US. They were created by/in the European Onion, and spread into neighboring countries in eastern Europe, the Middle East, and recently into the'Stans of central Asia. They have crossed the Atlantic, to IIRC the Domincan Republic, and French and Dutch dependencies, but have yet to really catch on in the Americas, and south and east Asia.

ETA I see that IBANs are now operative in Brazil, Costa Rica, and Guatemala, and have spread across Francophone Africa, from Algeria, Niger, and the Ivory Coast, plus others in West Africa, to Madagascar. And also the former Portuguese colonies of Angola and Mozambique. The spread into Asia has moved only as far as Pakistan.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 19th 2014 at 2:56 am.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 4:14 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be sure, have you filed US-Individual 2002?
Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
IBANs do not exist in the US.
That's what I intended to get across -- badly worded!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:26 pm
Corrie Fan

hutchiebug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pigg10
OH will be receving his OAP in July. Have been filling out the paperwork and went into the bank today for the their information for the Direct Deposit into our checking account. I was told that we do not need the IBAN and their BIC and branch code will work, is this correct and has anyone done it this way.
Hello -- just did this myself, last week. My credit union just has a routing number. I hope this will be enough, with my account number.

Thanks, everyone!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Nun, yes I have filled out Form US Individual 2002, I would not have known about it but for this site. Mine of information.