Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:14 am
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Originally Posted by Bob
I think it's a case of having to sign up to so many things to vote etc that's putting me off.

Edit: perhaps if there was a list of people you've tweeted, the politicians, news peoples etc, all in one list?
The petition takes a few seconds to input some basic and not too revealing info, or even quicker if you have facebook. Same with 38 Degrees. So its 2 things.

If you have twitter or facebook accounts thats useful too.

Its a small thing to ask really.

I will try to compile a very lengthy list tomorrow of everyone I have contacted, but be warned it will be over 300 people or groups total.

Last edited by LP9; Jun 26th 2011 at 1:17 am.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:58 am
Just Joined

sunshineal is an unknown quantity at this point

This is an excellent idea. No business would survive with service like this.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:33 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light

I would like to thank Sue for all the effort and help shes given me with this, she has gone above and beyond.

I will continue to run the passport delays site, campaign on various sites, and keep making all the phone calls necessary to try and ease this situation.

Due to underwhelming support from the community as far as the petition and 38 degrees campaign go, I will no longer be updating the situation in this thread though.

If you're not prepared to stand up for what you believe in, you have no right to complain when you don't get what you want!

Appreciate all those that made the effort!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

mshedden is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LP9
I would like to thank Sue for all the effort and help shes given me with this, she has gone above and beyond.

I will continue to run the passport delays site, campaign on various sites, and keep making all the phone calls necessary to try and ease this situation.

Due to underwhelming support from the community as far as the petition and 38 degrees campaign go, I will no longer be updating the situation in this thread though.

If you're not prepared to stand up for what you believe in, you have no right to complain when you don't get what you want!

Thanks for all your efforts and hope you get your PP soon!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:47 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LP9

Totally agree with you. I am not facebook or twitter user but it only took a few seconds after you showed me how to post a signature to the list.
PLEASE all those who are having issues with passports. The squeeky wheel gets oiled!!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Shazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant future

I signed the petition and commented on the facebook post.

Next I shall get down on my knees and pray - really really hard
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:06 am
Just Joined

vanfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have signed the petition and voted in the 38 degrees site. I have sent quite a few emails, have had zero response. It doesn't seem anyone cares to do anything. My mum is going down to her local MP's clinic to talk to him, as he's avoiding my email.

Maybe this thread could be posted on the Canada, Carribean boards also? And although Aus/NZ aren't affected, maybe they'd help fellow expats? I don't know if you mind someone doing that though if you'd rather do it yourself.

Supposed to travel Aug 17th, really thought 3 months was ample time for a renewal but not sure now. Right now I should be looking forward to a great vacation, instead I'm incredibly stressed and losing sleep over this

Here's hoping we all get our passports in time
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

Seen a few people having a dig at the people in the passport office - don't blame them, they're working harder than ever , and you know, they managed to deliver a decent service in previous years.

The blame lies squarely on upper management and those thinking that you can keep on consolidating services and the quality of said service won't diminish. Same thing is happening with visa services. The same upper management who will end up in a different posting in a totally unrelated area of work, as the dust settles on the poor decisions they made. The same upper management you'll see on the Queen's Birthday Honours list for their outstanding public service contributions....
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

aml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to all

Great job on the Telegraph article.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aml1982
Great job on the Telegraph article.
Yep, indeed.

It's here if anyone is interested in reading it.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Yep, indeed.

It's here if anyone is interested in reading it.
Yes very good
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Shazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant future

Great article in the Telegraph. Let's just hope that all this publicity gets something shifted in DC!

Thanks for all your hard work on our behalf
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

SuzyPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point

I signed your petition, well done for all of your work so far. I'm new to this after a quick google to see why my passport renewal was taking so long. I haven't even told my mum about this yet, she'll be heartbroken if our reunion can't go ahead, but she's a real pit bull when it comes to stuff like this so I'm going to be enlisting her help!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

just_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to all

New to this forum--stumbled across it while looking for passport info (like many others I suspect). Anyway, I just signed the petition and shot off a couple of emails to the Guardian to see if that will garner up some coverage. Probably not, but it's worth a try I guess.

I'm currently incredibly frustrated. I have a current UK PP but am applying for my son's, who was born here in NY. We're planning on resettling in the UK and I have a job start date of August 30th. I sent it in on June 10th thinking that 11 weeks before our travel date would be ample time, especially after I called Careline the same day I sent the application and asked about the delays and was told it was taking six weeks. Now I see that it's been taking much longer than that for a substantial amount of time...long enough for careline to give me accurate information, anyway.

The real kicker is that the careline advisor also told me to send in my UK passport with the application so now I'm stuck. My son has a US passport so I could have theoretically just taken him into the country on that and then applied...now I'm stuck. They haven't taken payment yet--is there anyway I can recall the application?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by just_jenn
New to this forum--stumbled across it while looking for passport info (like many others I suspect). Anyway, I just signed the petition and shot off a couple of emails to the Guardian to see if that will garner up some coverage. Probably not, but it's worth a try I guess.

I'm currently incredibly frustrated. I have a current UK PP but am applying for my son's, who was born here in NY. We're planning on resettling in the UK and I have a job start date of August 30th. I sent it in on June 10th thinking that 11 weeks before our travel date would be ample time, especially after I called Careline the same day I sent the application and asked about the delays and was told it was taking six weeks. Now I see that it's been taking much longer than that for a substantial amount of time...long enough for careline to give me accurate information, anyway.

The real kicker is that the careline advisor also told me to send in my UK passport with the application so now I'm stuck. My son has a US passport so I could have theoretically just taken him into the country on that and then applied...now I'm stuck. They haven't taken payment yet--is there anyway I can recall the application?
So sorry for your situation. Mine is the same as yours except that I sent my application in along with both mine and daughter's valid passports (hers US, mine UK) mid May. They did take payment on June 23rd but I'm losing all hope of me getting our documents back before our August 12th move date. I'm considering going to Washington (5 hour train ride from CT) to see if they'll let me retrieve our supporting documents so we can at least leave on time. I totally feel your pain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.