Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:33 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by candy wy.
I am sorry but I really have to lol at this one you procrastinate in renewing your passport and now it is the goverments fault you may not be able to go on vacation....
Thats a tad unfair. Ample time was left to process it. None of us imagined this dragging on for months.

Update: Charles Crawford retweeted the site. Former British Ambassador turned speechwriter, communications expert, writer, mediator, trainer, consultant. Founder member of ADRg Ambassadors

@CharlesCrawford
What is going on here? RT @LiverpoolsNo9 Serious delays in UK passport processing: up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac #UKpassportdelays

Update 2:

@CharlesCrawford
I'll drop a quiet line to the senior FCO tomorrow. But it may not get anywhere!

Last edited by LP9; Jun 22nd 2011 at 10:12 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:43 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by LP9
Thats a tad unfair. Ample time was left to process it. None of us imagined this dragging on for months.

Update: Charles Crawford retweeted the site. Former British Ambassador turned speechwriter, communications expert, writer, mediator, trainer, consultant. Founder member of ADRg Ambassadors

@CharlesCrawford
What is going on here? RT @LiverpoolsNo9 Serious delays in UK passport processing: up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac #UKpassportdelays
Have you contacted the UK radio stations? Newsnight? Panorama? Reuters? AP?

I don't tweet, but I will check out your blog and offer support there. I'm flying to the UK and getting a passport issued in Peterborough, Cambs next week, paying GBP 129.50 for the pre.mium 1 day service...I just can't be without a passport for months
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

mshedden is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Have you contacted the UK radio stations? Newsnight? Panorama? Reuters? AP?

I don't tweet, but I will check out your blog and offer support there. I'm flying to the UK and getting a passport issued in Peterborough, Cambs next week, paying GBP 129.50 for the pre.mium 1 day service...I just can't be without a passport for months
I detect a serious money making op here. Take a trunk full of applications with ya!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

I moved the posts from the Passport Delay thread into a new thread to keep all this info separate from that tread.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:44 am
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Petition added to ukpassportdelays.blogspot.com

http://ukpassportdelays.blogspot.com/p/petition.html
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:27 am
Just Joined

cheryl56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great job,have just signed the petition. I'm counting myself really lucky in that my daughters received their passports on the 11th June.Their apps were received 5th March!!!! Money order was processed 24th March!!! I'm just wondering how long I would be waiting still if I had not called the Consulate in LA and numerous phonecalls to careline and some help from another person.
The whole situation is outrageous and soooooooooooo stressful and something definitely needs to be done.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

renu5idhu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all your hard work! I have also signed, lets try to get as many as we can!!
So somw more news about an ETD i called Blaine border crossing today... you need a machine readable document to enter the United Kingdom, and the ETD is electronic, however it doesnt have a chip in it, so the visa waiver programme does not apply. You also need a USA visa to enter the States with the ETD. This is what i would require to enter the states from canada... So in my case the ETD is out of question for me, i dont have enough time to get a USA visa as they arent issued on the same day here.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:08 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gbr2usa
I just emailed No 10 Downing Street telling them that something needs to be done..............I know they must get piles of emails but I am just soooooooooooo ticked off............anything that I can help with, just let me know..............my trip has been ruined, if I can help spare another family the same disappointment, I am in!
Good luck with that, I done that several weeks ago and never even got an acknowledgement. Also Fco was same.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:11 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Quick Q.. how do I sign if not a twitter or facebook member??
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice

Signed!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:42 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
Quick Q.. how do I sign if not a twitter or facebook member??
If you hit the button that says sign it gives you the option to fill in your information.

Alternatively you can go here http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/peti...ington-us/3052 which is the same thing.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice

LP9..........I am in contact with Jean Brown............the PA to Sharon, the MP that you tweeted yesterday.............I will keep you posted!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

So..............Jean Brown is going to contact the Passport and Identity Office, if they have anything constructive to say, she will be back in contact....................we can only keep trying!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:51 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gbr2usa
LP9..........I am in contact with Jean Brown............the PA to Sharon, the MP that you tweeted yesterday.............I will keep you posted!
Ah very good. I got these messages this morning.

One from Charles Crawford, Former Amdassador:

@CharlesCrawford
@LiverpoolsNo9 Message sent to FCO, with assorted links. Hard to tell from outside what's gone wrong: greater urgency in fixing it cd help!

And this one from Chi Onwurah, MP for Newcastle Central & Shadow Minster for Innovation & Science:

@ChiOnwurah
RT @LiverpoolsNo9 Serious delays in UK passport processing up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac >> high charges+long delays =fiasco

Last edited by LP9; Jun 23rd 2011 at 1:14 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:46 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

If everyone who has Facebook could go to this page: https://www.facebook.com/peoplepowerchange and leave a comment under what I posted it would be appreciated. Its the 38 Degrees page, which as some of you may or may not know is a community driven activist group that were pivotal in halting NHS reform. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.