Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:08 am
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passport Twitter/Petition Campaign to speed the process up

I've had enough already. (And I'm not as far in as many of you.)

I'm working on a website for it, that I will link at some point tomorrow and blast all over Facebook and Twitter.

Someone needs to be accountable, and measures taken to get this back on track. 4 weeks is ridiculous really, so waiting almost 4 months is truly unacceptable.

If you want a petition, or someone wants to organise it, let me know and I will link that too.

Last edited by LP9; Jun 22nd 2011 at 3:22 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:16 am
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Delays

http://ukpassportdelays.blogspot.com/

Let me know if I missed anything, have cited any information/addresses etc incorrectly, or have made huge spelling or grammatical mistakes. It was late. If someone would like to start a petition I will add it. I will also add any other valuable information if anyone sees an opportunity.

Feel free to comment there. All links back to this forum and other British Expats mediums are listed.

Also feel free to post to twitter and facebook etc. I will be in the morning. Snooze time.

Twitter example:

Serious delays in UK passport processing of up to 4 months http://bit.ly/l3BKac Please RT and help out fellow Brits #UKpassportdelays

Last edited by LP9; Jun 22nd 2011 at 5:27 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 2:54 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sachminu
What I dont understand is, if this problem has been going of for so long...which it seems like. Then why doesnt the embassy do something about it. Why dont they hire more employees to speed up the process. It seems like the applications are sitting on someone's desk for a month even before they are opened. At least hire someone to open the envelopes, check whether the documents are correct and everything is included in the application.
I am sure the process can be streamlined and organized. I can understand that you just cant hire people without doing a background check, but its been such a long time that this problem has been going on....by now people could have been hired and given work.

I really feel sorry for people who need to travel. And its summer time, the peak travel season...if it had been winter then its at least ok. On the website it just mentions delays....a correct timeline should be mentioned...otherwise its just misleading people. If they mention that it takes 2-4 months, then maybe less people will send in applications and they can focus on the applications they have. And instead of consolidating the whole of Americas and Caribbean into one center, they should really consider creating more centers...especially if this is going to continue.
Imagine if you were in the position of having a sick or dying relative, and couldn't even get an ETD. It could happen. Might very well be happening to someone right now.

If everyone could spread the page in my signature it might get in front of someone who can do something. Facebook, twitter, E-MAIL, carrier pigeon, or whatever. It is better than sitting, doing nothing and taking it.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:03 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Currently tweeting every MP in the UK.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice

Originally Posted by LP9
Sadly you are in the same boat as everyone else here. I am trying to do something about it, but I cant do it alone, so any help anyone can give is appreciated.
I just emailed No 10 Downing Street telling them that something needs to be done..............I know they must get piles of emails but I am just soooooooooooo ticked off............anything that I can help with, just let me know..............my trip has been ruined, if I can help spare another family the same disappointment, I am in!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:46 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gbr2usa
I just emailed No 10 Downing Street telling them that something needs to be done..............I know they must get piles of emails but I am just soooooooooooo ticked off............anything that I can help with, just let me know..............my trip has been ruined, if I can help spare another family the same disappointment, I am in!
Email the page in my signature to everyone you know and have them forward it.

Twitter, Facebook, any outlet you can think of. I'm starting to get replies to my Twitter about it now.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice

Originally Posted by LP9

Twitter, Facebook, any outlet you can think of. I'm starting to get replies to my Twitter about it now.
I just emailed CNN news also, to maybe run a story or something to bring it to light...............heck, I'm desperate, so I'll try anything right about now!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LP9

Done.........................
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:09 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Done.........................
Appreciate it!

Got retweeted by Sharon Hodgson, Labour MP for Washington and Sunderland West Constituency. Shadow Minister for Children and Families. And also Angela Smith, MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge.

LiverpoolsNo9
by SharonHodgsonMP
@SharonHodgsonMP Serious delays in UK passport processing of up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac Pls RT help fellow Brits #UKpassportdelays

LiverpoolsNo9
by angelasmithmp
@angelasmithmp Serious delays in UK passport processing of up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac Pls RT help fellow Brits #UKpassportdelays
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:32 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Add Caroline Flint to that list, MP for Don Valley. Shadow Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government.

LiverpoolsNo9
by CarolineFlintMP
@CarolineFlintMP Serious delays in UK passport processing of up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac Pls RT help fellow Brits #UKpassportdelays
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LP9
Add Caroline Flint to that list, MP for Don Valley. Shadow Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government.

LiverpoolsNo9
by CarolineFlintMP
@CarolineFlintMP Serious delays in UK passport processing of up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac Pls RT help fellow Brits #UKpassportdelays
I have emailed these two ladies also...............................and will add this one to the list.................great job
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:43 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

I have emailed these two ladies also...............................and will add this one to the list.................great job
Yeah thats the kind of thing needed. The story will break at some point. We just need to keep pushing it.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:28 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

And another, Peter Hain, MP for Neath, Shadow Welsh Secretary and Chair of the Labour Party National Policy Forum

LiverpoolsNo9
by PeterHain
@PeterHain Serious delays in UK passport processing of up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac Pls RT help fellow Brits #UKpassportdelays

This is 4 MPs now that have read and re-tweeted the message to all their followers!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LP9
And another, Peter Hain, MP for Neath, Shadow Welsh Secretary and Chair of the Labour Party National Policy Forum

LiverpoolsNo9
by PeterHain
@PeterHain Serious delays in UK passport processing of up to 4 months bit.ly/l3BKac Pls RT help fellow Brits #UKpassportdelays

This is 4 MPs now that have read and re-tweeted the message to all their followers!
Maybe you could save up for limited updates? So that the thread is still useable for the people with passport questions?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

aml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to all

I just e-mailed the three MPs for Nottingham, which is where we will be settling if (when) we can travel.

I want to have faith in the system that it will eventually right itself and people will get their passports, but nonetheless this needs to be brought to the attention of the people in power.

Is it correct that the passport centre is prioritising applications based on situation/travel dates, etc.? A couple of people have suggested it, but then it seems like everyone still ends up waiting a really long time. You would think that someone who needs their passport for business would be bumped further up the queue than someone who simply uses theirs for vacations but doesn't actually have one planned, for instance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.