Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport renewal confused.

Passport renewal confused.

Old Jun 14th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

valspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport renewal confused.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did you enter the date of your travel on the form?
There wasn't anywhere on the form to put that. I searched BE and there is a timeline for passports thread. Looks like its taking 3 1/2 weeks on average. I think i'll pay the extra and overnight it to make sure.

Also can someone else confirm that i don't need to attach any documents if there has not been a name change since last passport or that i don't look that much different. (a few more wrinkies).
Old Jun 14th 2012, 8:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valspal
Also can someone else confirm that i don't need to attach any documents if there has not been a name change since last passport or that i don't look that much different. (a few more wrinkies).
You are correct. The instructions and the numerous posts on this are fairly clear on this
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Amerkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Valspal I couldnt reach you through the other thread so am trying here, did you find the info on Nicola K?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

boulty is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it possible to avoid passport renewal processing delays through Washington DC by couriering passport to relatives in UK where they could renew it in a week by post??? I seem to remember others on this site doing it last year when there were lots of delays. Last year mine took 3 months to renew and I would like to avoid such a long time this time around. any advice appreciated. Thanks! Boulty 8)