Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport question

Passport question

Old Oct 10th 2017, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

branmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport question

Renewing my UK Passport. Went to Wallgreens and the lady only had a cutting machine for US Passport photos(which is different she said to UK) so gave me my passport photos with 2 pictures of myself on one sheet and therefore they are not cut up. Any problems in sending this in as is, or should I try to cut to size?

Thx.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport question

IIRC when I renewed a couple of years ago I just sent in US size and they accepted them.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

thx...but my question is do I have to cut them up as surely they would or should do this?
Old Oct 10th 2017, 7:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I sent mine cut to UK size. No questions, no issues, no delays, .... passport received back on 8th day after mailing (sent in the UK and received back at UK address).
Old Oct 10th 2017, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thx. Pulaski..one more question......last time had my passport renewed in Washington but the website I am on it appears that it has to be sent back to the UK. Is this new or is there another website I should be looking at?
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by branmin
Thx. Pulaski..one more question......last time had my passport renewed in Washington but the website I am on it appears that it has to be sent back to the UK. Is this new or is there another website I should be looking at?
Yes, all British passports are now issued from the UK. ..... Be sure to send your old passport and application by courier, such as FedEx or UPS, so you get end to end tracking. Your new passport will come back by courier anyway, and your old passport is sent separately a few days later, because the passport administration office is in a different location from the passport printing facility.

Most people are reporting that, applying from the US, your new passport will come back in no more than 14 days.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Cut them to the required UK size using a craft knife. Next time avoid walgreens and go to a photo shop that can cut them to whatever size you need. As Pulaski says, all passports now need to be sent back to the UK for processing. There's a thread on this with people reporting their experiences. My passports (old and new) were received, processed and returned to me within a week.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:29 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Have you actually started the online application? A couple of people here have reported that they were able to take a photo with their camera and just upload it.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I used my own camera and used https://www.epassportphoto.com/ . Just choose UK for UK passports and US for US passports.

These are the criteria for UK passport photos.

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thx everyone.............yes I applied online already. Last questions, I promise.

Have dual citizenship and therefore also a US passport and I notice that they also require......"For dual nationals a full color copy of any uncancelled non-British passport".

Not really happy about sending my original as well but I think I read somewhere that you could send a copy including all pages even if they are blank? Scan every page even though they 95% blank?

Lastly, the declaration page, sign in the box, no problem, but underneath there are boxes and it says "relationship of applicant to intended passport holder" Can't figure this one out. brain is not functioning.

Thx so much.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:55 pm

Thx everyone.............yes I applied online already. Last questions, I promise.

Have dual citizenship and therefore also a US passport and I notice that they also require......"For dual nationals a full color copy of any uncancelled non-British passport".

Not really happy about sending my original as well but I think I read somewhere that you could send a copy including all pages even if they are blank? Scan every page even though they 95% blank? ....
Copies are OK, and yes, of every page.

When I sent my application in last year, I completely forgot .... and nobody ever contacted me to ask where my US passport is. .... My new British passport was still issued in a few days!

.... Lastly, the declaration page, sign in the box, no problem, but underneath there are boxes and it says "relationship of applicant to intended passport holder" Can't figure this one out. brain is not functioning. .....
It's when you're applying for a child, or someone else without the capacity to take care of themselves.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a color photocopy of mine without any problems
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

As usual........the best board around including the best people with lightening answers..again thx so much.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:33 am

As usual........the best board around including the best people with lightening answers..again thx so much.
You're very welcome. Always glad to be of assistance.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherbert
Cut them to the required UK size using a craft knife. Next time avoid walgreens and go to a photo shop that can cut them to whatever size you need. As Pulaski says, all passports now need to be sent back to the UK for processing. There's a thread on this with people reporting their experiences. My passports (old and new) were received, processed and returned to me within a week.
Here we go again. Many Walgreens, including those around me, are able to produce passport photos for just about any country in the world. From previous threads it is evident that some Walgreens do not have this capability, although some of it is due to operator ignorance. Therefore advice to avoid Walgreens is mistaken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.