British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-question-733978/)

Domnnicki Sep 28th 2011 10:29 pm

Passport question

I am so sorry if this has been asked before but I did search a little and couldn't find any answers to my questions. I am finally going home to vist (UKC) with dual nationality children. We are travelling to the UK March 2012 and coming back to the US two weeks later. My oldest daughter is covered with valid passports but my youngest has some time left on them but not sure if it will be enough to wait to renew until after we have been to the UK. Her US passport will expire Aug 12 and her UK one will expire Oct 12.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

md95065 Sep 28th 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Passport question

You should not have any problem since your daughter will have both a valid US passport and a valid UK passport. The fact that they will expire within a few weeks or months after the trip is irrelevant -some countries do require that visitors be in possession of a passport that is valid for at least a certain amount of time - that does not apply to your daughter since she is both a UK and a US citizen and her passports are proof of that status (and, in fact, still would be even if they had expired).

As a practical matter it will probably be cheaper and more convenient to renew her UK passport while you are over there.

Domnnicki Sep 29th 2011 12:16 am

Thank you so much for getting back to me, that is one less thing to worry about.

:D

shanmarsh2 Sep 29th 2011 10:53 am

if you apply for the visa of us then what
are the neccessary thing you have?

Jerseygirl Sep 29th 2011 11:25 am

Originally Posted by shanmarsh2 (Post 9647803)

What type of visa...what nationality are you?

tonrob Sep 29th 2011 11:46 am

Originally Posted by shanmarsh2 (Post 9647803)

Hi

I've noticed that you keep appending very, very broad questions on the end of other people's threads and then don't come back to reply when people probe for further information in order to try to help you.

British Expats is divided up into sections per country and then into sub-sections (e..g. immigration etc.) so that people have the best chance of having their question seen by people with the right kind of experience to answer.

I see that you have now found the USA section :) - so what I suggest is that you start your own thread, and tell us a bit more about who you are, what your circumstances are (e.g. I know you're a student) and what exactly it is you are trying to do. In this way people can give the most helpful answers and you will get what you need more quickly.

Regards

Mr Sprout