Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Question

Passport Question

Old Nov 10th 2009, 4:45 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Passport Question

Passport for the little one is becoming a problem.

Part 6, signature of someone who has known YOU not baby for 2 years, is British and some sort of professional person- doctor, lawyer, civil servant judge whatever. i don't know how they expect someone who hasnt even been in the country two years to have that.

Eeeep. Any ideas?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 4:54 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Question

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

Part 6, signature of someone who has known YOU not baby for 2 years, is British and some sort of professional person- doctor, lawyer, civil servant judge whatever. i don't know how they expect someone who hasnt even been in the country two years to have that.

Eeeep. Any ideas?
Would a notary be any good, just to verify the facts you have stated above.
With a little note attached.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:33 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I doubt it but it is something else to look into!

Thanks!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:36 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt it but it is something else to look into!

Thanks!
Well at least it would verify your status and length of time in the US and you are who you say you are.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ntersignatures

Looks like you can get someone to sign and just give the length of time that they have known you.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:06 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

remind me how you came to the US?

if its work related then use someone at work as they will have known you the longest (ie either maybe knew you before you transferrerd over or for the duration of the application/visa obtaining steps.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If your getting it done in the US, doesn't have to be a Brit, just someone in good standing, teacher, lawyer, doctor etc, even if they haven't known you for 2 years.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:12 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Eeeep. Any ideas?
Sorry no ideas. We are currently having the exact same problem.

My hubby has taken it to work to try and get a VP who met him at his interview to sign it.

His immediate boss at the time isn't an American citizen so he can't get him to sign it.

We haven't even been here 2 years yet
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:13 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by MsEluiuiuiuiui
remind me how you came to the US?

I came over for three months on the VWP

Then this happened.

(Sorry its so big)

We applied for AOS from VWP based on marriage to USC. And unofficially the bun being in the oven.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:16 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by Bob
If your getting it done in the US, doesn't have to be a Brit, just someone in good standing, teacher, lawyer, doctor etc, even if they haven't known you for 2 years.
Cheers bob.

Will look into this also.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers bob.

Will look into this also.
And I said what I said because it's exactly what Dean, the Consul fella has mentioned when answering this question himself in ithe past.

If your in the UK, it's got to be a Brit, in good standing, but they're more flexible with a consulate application....just like accepting a US passport photo which they wouldn't in the UK.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:02 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
And I said what I said because it's exactly what Dean, the Consul fella has mentioned when answering this question himself in ithe past.

If your in the UK, it's got to be a Brit, in good standing, but they're more flexible with a consulate application....just like accepting a US passport photo which they wouldn't in the UK.
Thanks Bob, I'll try this also.