Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Question

Passport Question

Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of
Default Passport Question

I have my UK passport and my 10yr greencard. Does my passport need to be valid for six months to re-enter the US?

Thanks!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Question

I think so...normally has to be for most countries unless there a neighbouring country, or something like that
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:48 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
I have my UK passport and my 10yr greencard. Does my passport need to be valid for six months to re-enter the US?

Thanks!

In theory, you don't even need your passport to enter...
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fatbrit
In theory, you don't even need your passport to enter...

ha ha!!! But I do.

I know people with US passports don't need a six month validity to enter Britain - so getting in to Britain is fine, it is the re-entry in the US I'm concerned about.

I guess I should just renew it and be done with it. I always hate having the pictures done!!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
ha ha!!! But I do.

I know people with US passports don't need a six month validity to enter Britain - so getting in to Britain is fine, it is the re-entry in the US I'm concerned about.

I guess I should just renew it and be done with it. I always hate having the pictures done!!

Far be it from me to support your lazy yankee habit of procrastination and vanity. That shouldn't come till after naturlization...
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:24 am
ImHere

Far be it from me to support your lazy yankee habit of procrastination and vanity. That shouldn't come till after naturlization...

Now that was what i call a rebuttal of the first order. Impressive.

Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:16 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by ImHere
Now that was what i call a rebuttal of the first order. Impressive.

She knows I don't mean it, so I hope she'll forgive me!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

She knows I don't mean it, so I hope she'll forgive me!

Hmmmm.... OK. V. funny actually!