British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport photos (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-photos-871127/)

Munter Jan 22nd 2016 4:05 pm

Passport photos

Hi

I need to obtain 2 passport sized photos for my EAD application but am unable to find a photo booth to have them taken. Does anyone know where I could find one? I'm in the Rochester NY area. Thanks

Pulaski Jan 22nd 2016 4:16 pm

Re: Passport photos

I got mine at Walgreens. I cut them down to the right size myself.

Some people have reported that some Walgreens, and possibly other pharmacies, have picture printing software that produces UK-spec passport photos.

dj6372 Jan 22nd 2016 4:31 pm

Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid they all do them

MidAtlantic Jan 22nd 2016 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 11845238)
I got mine at Walgreens. I cut them down to the right size myself. Some people have reported that some Walgreens, and possibly other pharmacies, have picture printing software that produces UK-spec passport photos.

Walgreens have the passport photo specifications for most countries in the world. The problem is that their staff often don't know they have them.They produced my UK spec photos with no problem .

MtbbikeVanlife Jan 22nd 2016 5:20 pm

I tried one of these Fedex print offices but they were no help. Walgreens did it - the girl took the "usual" picture then cut it to the correct size at the same time as making sure that all the rules were followed concerning face size & position.

On a separate note - I sent my passport application off (from Richmond, VA) using UPS Worldwide Express on Monday 18th Jan and received the new one Tuesday 25th (delivered by DHL).

Carl.

rpjs Jan 22nd 2016 6:01 pm

Just got some done at Walgreens. The clerk used a guide on her computer to centre my face to UK standards but still had to cut them to the correct size with a ruler and scissors. HMPO just received my application so I guess I'll find out in a few days if the photos passed muster or not.

Munter Jan 22nd 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks all,

I have a Rite Aid close by so I will nip in there and see what they can do.

Thanks again 😊

Linda M Jan 24th 2016 2:42 am

We used Walgreens informed the staff that they could change their settings to the UK size, sent on the 22 December 15' returned back here 15 January 16. Good quick turnaround.

u2jrmw Feb 6th 2016 7:11 pm

Anyone have issue with the background color at Walgreens. My understanding is that it is white and the UK spec calls for cream or light gray...

MarylandNed Feb 8th 2016 11:02 am

My local Walgreens does UK passport photos.

MarylandNed Feb 8th 2016 11:04 am

Originally Posted by u2jrmw (Post 11859768)
Anyone have issue with the background color at Walgreens. My understanding is that it is white and the UK spec calls for cream or light gray...

I have had no issues. Also, plenty of people have reported success with using US passport photos for UK passport applications (some people have cut them down to size and others have sent them in as is).

BTW, I once got a UK passport using a photo taken at a Canadian photo booth that had a background of orange curtains. Of course this was probably long before the use of software to analyze biometric data from the photo.

u2jrmw Feb 8th 2016 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by MarylandNed (Post 11861052)
I have had no issues. Also, plenty of people have reported success with using US passport photos for UK passport applications (some people have cut them down to size and others have sent them in as is).

BTW, I once got a UK passport using a photo taken at a Canadian photo booth that had a background of orange curtains. Of course this was probably long before the use of software to analyze biometric data from the photo.

Thanks for the response.