Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Photo's

Passport Photo's

Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

RUHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Photo's

I'm renewing my passport, and I did find the information in the Wiki that US sized passport pictures 50x50mm, would be accepted instead of the 45x35mm pictures usually required.

I tried calling everyone in my town that does passport pictures, none of them apparently capable of 45x35..

I was wondering if they still had to be sized to fit within the template provided inside the larger sized picture, of if larger scale pictures would be acceptable?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Jon
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Photo's

We did our own, I took one of Dh against a white wall, downloaded t to the computer and used http://www.epassportphoto.com/ Free and sized for whatever country you choose and printed off by me. They were accepted with no problem.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:54 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I just recently went to Rite-Aid drug store. The camera has an index on it of different countries, and the employee just moved the arrow to GBR.

Came out fine.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I got mine done at a US post office, just asked for passport photos and sent them in and got my passport back fine.......
Old Aug 31st 2009, 6:27 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Walgreens has the UK standard size available
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all

We renewed my sons passport late July 2009 and I got so fed up trying to find UK passport sized photos, so I just sent in 4 US Sized ones from CVS on a White background (even though it says not to use the white background).

DON'T TRIM them at all and tell the counter staff at CVS or where ever you go you don't want them trimmed, they do it at the passport office.

My sons passport came back a week or so ago with no problems at all.

We will be sending off my daughters just after Christmas and I will do the same this time too. Although my fear is her picture on her current passport was taken when she was 4 weeks old and now that she is 4 years old...it looks absolutely nothing like her. (Hoping the PR card with picture looking like her along with her passport will make her ok to travel).

Anyway hope that helps,