Reload this Page >

passport not a valid ID????

passport not a valid ID????

Old Jun 24th 2003, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

ifsmithy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passport not a valid ID????

HI
anyone got any opinions on this, I'm based in California and was in a food store the other day (Albertsons) buying some booze, when asked for ID I presented my passport which they refused as valid ID (now store policy), now my brother tells me that this is Illegal, they have to accept passports as valid ID. I was half tempted to tell them to call the police as if I was using a fake passport I should be arrested but I really coudn't be bothered.
Now seeing as I am in California and I dont have a car as yet, getting to other shops is a bit difficult
Anyhow, any opinions?
oh and if I applied for state ID it will take 3 months to arrive,
I'm just surprised about the whole passport thing
Ian
Old Jun 24th 2003, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian

what I would do if you are not going to apply for the Driver's Licence is apply for the California ID. I know our DL's came within 2 weeks, other friend took 9 months so you may be surprised how quickly you got the ID. When you apply for the ID they will give you a bit of paper with the details, I would use that combined with your passport or UK licence.