Reload this Page >

Passport help

Passport help

Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

gatorbite35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport help

Hi,

I'm renewing my passport which has been expired for about 4.5 years. My question is do I need to send the necessary documentation?

Online it says the following:

To apply for a UK passport in the USA you must submit your supporting documentation (not required for renewal of valid or recently expired passports.)

It also says
your previous passport - (if your passport has been lost or stolen please see our lost and stolen page). Please note: if you are renewing an old blue passport or a red passport, which has expired more than ten years, then your application will be treated like a first-time application

Here is the link: http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...-passport-usa/

I don't know what to do. It says "not required for renewal of RECENTLY expired passport". Is mine recent enough?

I would call the hotline but it's extremely expensive
Hope somebody can help me?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport help

Originally Posted by gatorbite35
Hi,

I'm renewing my passport which has been expired for about 4.5 years. My question is do I need to send the necessary documentation?

Online it says the following:

To apply for a UK passport in the USA you must submit your supporting documentation (not required for renewal of valid or recently expired passports.)

It also says
your previous passport - (if your passport has been lost or stolen please see our lost and stolen page). Please note: if you are renewing an old blue passport or a red passport, which has expired more than ten years, then your application will be treated like a first-time application

Here is the link: http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...-passport-usa/

I don't know what to do. It says "not required for renewal of RECENTLY expired passport". Is mine recent enough?

I would call the hotline but it's extremely expensive
Hope somebody can help me?
Your PP expired 4.5 yrs ago....so it suggests you're not applying as a first time applicant...just renewing. In which case you fill in the form and send it with the photos, fee and old PP. If your appearance hasn't changed greatly from the previous photos you need not get them countersigned (meaning...if they can see you're the same person as in the old photo).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...50&postcount=9

The post in the link above is from The British Consul in Florida...if he sees your posts he may be able to help you further.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 8th 2009 at 11:13 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

flairon is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent the completed form with my old passport, pictures and the completed credit card authorization from. I got my new passport back from Washington in two weeks. I did however have the photographs countersigned.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

leopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really nice

Originally Posted by flairon
I sent the completed form with my old passport, pictures and the completed credit card authorization from. I got my new passport back from Washington in two weeks. I did however have the photographs countersigned.
That's really good time I sent mine in August 20 received Aug 24, they charged the cc last week and still haven't got anything. I figure it'll take another week. I hope. Glad to your experience was a good one.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

I forgot to mention that my pp is missing. I filled out the form for it...will that change anything as far as sending documentation is concered?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to mention that my pp is missing. I filled out the form for it...will that change anything as far as sending documentation is concered?
I'm sure I've seen one of Dean's posts about this. If I remember correctly he said they should be able to trace it. Drop him a PM and ask him.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute

I can only comment in general terms as I haven't taken a look at your passport record. As you've lost your passport you should apply for a renewal but provide all the documentation as if you were a first time applicant.

Hope this helps.

Dean
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by British Consul
I can only comment in general terms as I haven't taken a look at your passport record. As you've lost your passport you should apply for a renewal but provide all the documentation as if you were a first time applicant.

Hope this helps.

Dean
I was afraid of this. I was kind of hoping I could send my application without sending the documentation. I'm not sure if my parents even have the originals to their naturalisation papers but I do have the copies. Also I'm a little reluctant to sending out the originals because im afraid they'll get lost in the mail.
Is it okay to send copies?

Say if I send my application in without the documentation and when the embassy gets it they decide that they need documentation...Will they give me a chance to send the documentation or will they just reject it?

Also, I have my old expired blue passport and photo copies of my expired red passport (the one that's missing). Do you think I could get away with sending those?

Man I'm so frustrated about this

Last edited by gatorbite35; Sep 9th 2009 at 6:42 am.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

I was afraid of this. I was kind of hoping I could send my application without sending the documentation. I'm not sure if my parents even have the originals to their naturalisation papers but I do have the copies. Also I'm a little reluctant to sending out the originals because im afraid they'll get lost in the mail.
Is it okay to send copies?

Say if I send my application in without the documentation and when the embassy gets it they decide that they need documentation...Will they give me a chance to send the documentation or will they just reject it?

Also, I have my old expired blue passport and photo copies of my expired red passport (the one that's missing). Do you think I could get away with sending those?

Man I'm so frustrated about this
anybody?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

anybody?
I think you're best to wait for Dean to reply.

For what it's worth I think the old blue PP and photo copies of your red PP should suffice. Surely they will be able to pull up your records from that.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think you're best to wait for Dean to reply.

For what it's worth I think the old blue PP and photo copies of your red PP should suffice. Surely they will be able to pull up your records from that.
I sure hope so Thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it. As of now, I'm patiently waiting for the Dean!

On a side notes, as im waiting for dean. Maybe someone can help me with the sending of the application. Is it okay to send it priority mail via the usps? I'll be content if it take 4-6 days using this method. I'm from FL...

Last edited by gatorbite35; Sep 9th 2009 at 5:49 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Passport help

I sure hope so Thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it. As of now, I'm patiently waiting for the Dean!

On a side notes, as im waiting for dean. Maybe someone can help me with the sending of the application. Is it okay to send it priority mail via the usps? I'll be content if it take 4-6 days using this method. I'm from FL...
I've replied to your PM's. DON'T send your application by USPS, it can't be tracked if the package gets lost.

Dean
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Just an update on my situation.

I sent out my application which included the following: old passport (not the the recent one but the one before the recent), LS01 form for the lost one (recent one), and photocopies of my lost passport , and payment form.

I had my application and one of my passport photos countersigned. I got my photos taken at walgreens.

I got my passport today!!!
Here's the timeline:

Sept 11th - Sent out stuff via ups regular shipping (11 bucks)

Sept 16th - Embassy received package

Sept 30th - My credit card was charged

Oct 4th - Received an automated phone call from ups that I will be getting a package tomorrow

Oct 5th - I received my passport!

It took 14 business days and 20 total days from the time the embassy received. This was faster than expected!

I want to thank jersey girl, British Consul and everybody else that responded to my thread.

Thank you once again!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Just an update on my situation.

I sent out my application which included the following: old passport (not the the recent one but the one before the recent), LS01 form for the lost one (recent one), and photocopies of my lost passport , and payment form.

I had my application and one of my passport photos countersigned. I got my photos taken at walgreens.

I got my passport today!!!
Here's the timeline:

Sept 11th - Sent out stuff via ups regular shipping (11 bucks)

Sept 16th - Embassy received package

Sept 30th - My credit card was charged

Oct 4th - Received an automated phone call from ups that I will be getting a package tomorrow

Oct 5th - I received my passport!

It took 14 business days and 20 total days from the time the embassy received. This was faster than expected!

I want to thank jersey girl, British Consul and everybody else that responded to my thread.

Thank you once again!
Well done. Thank you for taking the trouble to update us.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

devkegel is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a similar issue as yours. Did you in the end have to send the naturalization documents, and other supporting documents? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.