Passport form C1 part 1b advice please

Passport form C1 part 1b advice please

Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

DataCrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport form C1 part 1b advice please

Hi everyone

I want to renew my passport using form C1. Under section 1b it says:

"Where you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, British citizen, British Dependent/Overseas territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British protected person?"

I am perhaps being over-cautious because I don't want to get a refusal, but if I was born in the UK in 1979, do I tick yes or no to this question? The notes for that section say something to the effect that I should fill it in if I was registered as a British citizen through the Home Office. I don't know whether that applies to a normal birth registration within the UK.

Can anyone give some advice on this?

Thanks v much in advance!
Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport form C1 part 1b advice please

Originally Posted by DataCrow
Hi everyone

I want to renew my passport using form C1. Under section 1b it says:

"Where you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies, British citizen, British Dependent/Overseas territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British protected person?"

I am perhaps being over-cautious because I don't want to get a refusal, but if I was born in the UK in 1979, do I tick yes or no to this question? The notes for that section say something to the effect that I should fill it in if I was registered as a British citizen through the Home Office. I don't know whether that applies to a normal birth registration within the UK.

Can anyone give some advice on this?

Thanks v much in advance!
No that question is for people who've acquired British Citizenship rather than being born with it. "Registration" in that context refers to some of the ways that people who were not born British but have certain connections to the UK or its dependencies can acquire citizenship without having to go through the full naturalisation process.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rpjs
No that question is for people who've acquired British Citizenship rather than being born with it. "Registration" in that context refers to some of the ways that people who were not born British but have certain connections to the UK or its dependencies can acquire citizenship without having to go through the full naturalisation process.
Thank you rpjs. I will go ahead and tick no to that question now. Now I just need to find out whether I need a countersignature at section 9 if my appearance hasn't changed much. If I need to start a new thread, I can do that. I've searched the forum for countersignature but all of the results I've read refer to the photograph and not section 9.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DataCrow
Now I just need to find out whether I need a countersignature at section 9 if my appearance hasn't changed much.
If you are renewing a currently valid (or, I think, recently expired) UK passport and your appearance has not changed significantly then, no, you do not need a countersignature for either the photographs or the application form.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by md95065
If you are renewing a currently valid (or, I think, recently expired) UK passport and your appearance has not changed significantly then, no, you do not need a countersignature for either the photographs or the application form.
Thanks, I have also confirmed both questions with "Careline" (who have quoted 6 weeks processing and 1-2 weeks between receiving payment form and taking payment).