Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:30 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by Sue
Indeed, the lack of information regarding the status of ones' application is certainly not helping the situation that's for sure. That, plus the additional cost incurred calling the careline. I'd imagine that just adds salt to the wound.
Thanks for the follow on Twitter Sue, I followed back.

I am currently tweeting @UKinUSA to see if I can get some answers for everyone.

If everyone wants to join in, maybe some noise will get some answers from them.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

renu5idhu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LP9
Thanks for the follow on Twitter Sue, I followed back.

I am currently tweeting @UKinUSA to see if I can get some answers for everyone.

If everyone wants to join in, maybe some noise will get some answers from them.
havent got twitter, let us know how u get on.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

so folks another call to careline today, still no movement in my case, however he did put in another escalation and he said that i have done everything on my end and he would do everything he can on his end... that last line sounded familiar to one of the other posts... im wondering if it is a new line they are adding to sound more caring! Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:36 am
Just Joined

jagruti6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the care line back today, after Washington failed to call back. The girl I spoke with said they have been told by Washington that they are now taking 10 weeks from payment to process. Which for me would be July 5th, I was hoping to travel on July 6th.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:53 am
Just Joined

grumpy39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just spoke to them this morning and was told my 3 kids passports haven't even started processing and we travel on the 13th July!! I sent them in on the 24th of May!!

Can I cancel them and just get emergency travel docs and get new passports back home??
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

mshedden is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by grumpy39
I just spoke to them this morning and was told my 3 kids passports haven't even started processing and we travel on the 13th July!! I sent them in on the 24th of May!!

Can I cancel them and just get emergency travel docs and get new passports back home??
Sounds like a plan, albeit a $471 one (3x$157)

You could leave them processing in the US - they might be done by the time you get back. Plus, I believe you'd need new photos in the UK - US sized ones are no good for applications processed there as I understand it.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Need new passports to get our new visa's when home so need to get them in Glasgow on the same day service as we arrive on the Thursday and visa app is on the Monday!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

mshedden is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by grumpy39
Need new passports to get our new visa's when home so need to get them in Glasgow on the same day service as we arrive on the Thursday and visa app is on the Monday!!
I guess the trick is to get them back asap before they take the $$$, otherwise that's another $633 down the toilet!!

(Visions of a mail room knee deep in unopened applications...)
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

My company pays for the passports, so I'd imagine they wouldn't be too happy if I wasted there money!!

Hopefully I can stop the Washington Passports before they process!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Jodilynn0330 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jodilynn0330
Update: I have received an email from fco.gov.uk in Washington who have informed me (after 10 weeks) the following:
Your application has been processed and payment taken but we are unable to issue a passport for the reasons highlighted below. Your case will remain active for 6 months from the above date; if you have not supplied all supporting documentation requested your application will be rejected and you will not be eligible for a refund.

· Marriage Certificate – The marriage certificate provided is not acceptable for nationality purposes. We require a State issued certificate,
signed by the province/state/country authorities (a certificate issued by the Church is not acceptable). These documents are generally available
from the Officeof Vital records in the USA and Canada.
and
Completed Mothers declaration (link given below) http://www.xpresspassport.com/Docume...claration2.pdf

I sent my marriage certificate I guess I sent the wrong one? I have to go home and search through everything and see if I can find the one they want any advice?

QUESTION: does anyone know if it will take another 10 weeks once they've received the information they ask for? I will call if I dont hear anything in about a week but they received all my additional information yesterday.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:21 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jagruti6
I called the care line back today, after Washington failed to call back. The girl I spoke with said they have been told by Washington that they are now taking 10 weeks from payment to process. Which for me would be July 5th, I was hoping to travel on July 6th.
I wonder what they mean by to process ? Does that mean when they will actually put it together or when they mail it out or you expect to receive it? My husbands passport was received in DC on March 25th and payment taken on April 14th . We will be at the 10 week mark in a few days .
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:26 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Without trying to put a damper on things, remember July 4th w/end nothing is going to move. So you might want to re evaluate timing for any calls for ETD'S.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Will-yates is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kensha
Hey everyone..... After many sleepless nights and day dreaming about my passport it finally arrived on the Thur. The UPS guy must have wondered why I was so happy....

So here's my time line... guess i was one of the lucky ones according to the posts....

Received Apr 21st
CC charged May 26th
Call to careline - June 10th - CC problem
Call to careline - June 12th - successful
Left msg at consulate June 14th
Passport arrived June 16th - Yippee

Thanks so much for your support Dean. Many thanks also to everyone who posted on the forum that helped getting so much useful info. Hope the backlog will clear soon and everyone's life can go back to normal.
I'm a first time poster and it's indeed a blessing to hear these stories of people with passports as I'm still waiting. My timeline is as follows:

Sent - April 12th
CC Charged - May 20th
Call to careline #1 - June 9th (Helpful: wait and see; if not call in a week)
Call to careline #2 - June 16th (Unhelpful: said it's in process; any day now.)
Call to careline #3 - June 21st (Helpful: Sent through Escalation to DC)

When I applied there was nothing about a delay in process; I presumed that 4 - 6 weeks was fine so booked a trip for our family to surprise my mum on her 60th birthday (which is on the 28th). We were due to fly out of Minneapolis for London Gatwick on Friday (24th). My second call to the careline last week told me it was in process, is taking four weeks from cc-charge and they can't escalate things. I called again today and the woman, Becky, who was very nice, said the renewal is at the "data entry" stage and still has to go through "signing, printing and quality assessing."
She did send through an escalation note to Washington, but I've pretty much given up hope on the look of surprise we wanted to see on my mum as she see's us and her two granddaughters who are 1 and 3 1/2.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

yep, i was told that too and then i also checked their web page again and another notice as of june 17th said expect 10 weeks after payment, so thats four weeks for them to open the application and charge the card and then a 10 week wait, thats around three and a half months!! i'm surprised this hasnt made news anywhere!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:58 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renu5idhu
i'm surprised this hasnt made news anywhere!!
Me too, considering I sent it to both The Guardian and Daily Mail....lol

Still no reply from their Twitter account, or from the Home Office with my complaint either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.