British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

DanniU Jun 9th 2011 12:40 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by trinbrit (Post 9421628)
Well its not the fact that the payment is gonna be taken its how long its taking,the majority of people here when applied did not have the warning of the backlog so everybody was barganing that they ewere gonna get there passports in 4 to 6 wks. So thats why everybody is a lil worked up. People dont like waiting aswell as unpleasant surprises its human nature.

no having the payment taken is a big deal, it means I am then in the system and perhaps can start chasing it, or my local consulate can push it along. Without the payment taken, I am in limbo...

trinbrit Jun 9th 2011 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by DanniU (Post 9421642)
no having the payment taken is a big deal, it means I am then in the system and perhaps can start chasing it, or my local consulate can push it along. Without the payment taken, I am in limbo...

what i want to know is this the same for first apps aswell? can i call my consulate? its been 10 weeks for me and my dad is getting a bit worried about his documents. Trust me i hear it every day from him....when am i getting my docs back bla blah i hate having my dad waiting.

renu5idhu Jun 9th 2011 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by DanniU (Post 9421601)
I think we are on the same timeline, they received mine may 9th, and no payment taken yet. So the fact they took yours, gives me a little hope. perhaps they will take payment in the next few days, and if not, then I will really panic...

apparently the applications r sitting in the mail room awaiting to be processed....i asked the question to the lady about why it was sitting in the mail room for 5 weeks.. the answer was the we have been receiving over 300 applications a day since April... in my opinion if that was the case they could of issued that warning before and not just a week or two ago....

DanniU Jun 9th 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9422168)
apparently the applications r sitting in the mail room awaiting to be processed....i asked the question to the lady about why it was sitting in the mail room for 5 weeks.. the answer was the we have been receiving over 300 applications a day since April... in my opinion if that was the case they could of issued that warning before and not just a week or two ago....

They just processed payment - we must be on the same pile… one step closer now……

trinbrit Jun 9th 2011 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by DanniU (Post 9422203)
They just processed payment - we must be on the same pile… one step closer now……

Hey danniu one step closer but a very long wait you have ahead atleast 6 wks maybe more sorry about being a party pooper.

penguinbar Jun 9th 2011 4:24 pm

It's been 8 weeks now since our credit card was charged. Still nothing.

Jerseygirl Jun 9th 2011 4:25 pm

It's absolutely disgraceful IMO...the least the FCO could do would be to be honest about the timeline on their website. :frown:

lyonsden1193 Jun 9th 2011 4:29 pm

GOVT and Truth... same sentence ... Hmmmmm!!

penguinbar Jun 9th 2011 4:35 pm

When we first applied at the end of March it said that they aim for the passport be processed 4 weeks after the fee was taken. It still says that but there is another notice about delays. I wonder what their definition of processed is? :blink:

mcphopkins Jun 9th 2011 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by penguinbar (Post 9422287)
When we first applied at the end of March it said that they aim for the passport be processed 4 weeks after the fee was taken. It still says that but there is another notice about delays. I wonder what their definition of processed is? :blink:

PASSPORT HAS ARRIVED!! If this was Dean's doing, THANK YOU A MILLION!!!

April 1 -send
Mar 28 - Arrived in DC
May 5 - Payment processed
June 9 - PASSPORT RETURNED! WOOOHOOOO! I am so less stressed now!

Bob Jun 9th 2011 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by trinbrit (Post 9421439)
Hey guys has anybody had any luck with regards to first apps other than renwals? is the status on this the same as the renu's because its been like what 10 wks since i posted,
i mailed off on the 1st april recieved dc 4th apr money taken out on 16th may and its now 9th june and i think the more i read here the more i get frustrated because the fact that other people are going through this doesnt help the situstion.
should i send dean a msg i havent done and i really dont want to be another bother to him his inbox must be scary.

There have been a few people who have posted about first time passports...but they are taking even longer than renewals generally.

kensha Jun 9th 2011 5:52 pm

Can anyone tell me how I can PM Dean or call somewhere other than careline?

meauxna Jun 9th 2011 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by kensha (Post 9422455)
Can anyone tell me how I can PM Dean or call somewhere other than careline?

You could start with reviewing the thread. I know it's long, but... :)

lyonsden1193 Jun 9th 2011 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by mcphopkins (Post 9422362)
PASSPORT HAS ARRIVED!! If this was Dean's doing, THANK YOU A MILLION!!!

April 1 -send
Mar 28 - Arrived in DC
May 5 - Payment processed
June 9 - PASSPORT RETURNED! WOOOHOOOO! I am so less stressed now!

:thumbsup: congrats on your passport.. may you live in peace for the next 10 yrs.

kensha Jun 9th 2011 8:54 pm

Yh thanks.. I figured it out!!! :)