British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

nsbarker May 27th 2011 12:44 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
Debit card charged today, exactly 1 month after sending in my application for a first time passport. Sounds like I have a long wait ahead. :fingerscrossed:

AmerLisa May 27th 2011 1:11 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by nsbarker (Post 9390683)
Debit card charged today, exactly 1 month after sending in my application for a first time passport. Sounds like I have a long wait ahead. :fingerscrossed:

Good luck, because as I've written, it will be 6 to 8 weeks after payment is taken. :(

AmerLisa May 27th 2011 1:13 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by akatomw (Post 9389716)
Thank you all for the comments and posting your actual wait times for the passport to arrive.

I pledge to let everyone know when my passport finally arrives.
It has now been almost 7 weeks since my credit card was charged back on April 6.

Hey Akatomw, my husband's passport was almost delivered today! :D We weren't in, but they will be back tomorrow. Our timelines were pretty similar, so I would hope yours won't be too far behind...

trinbrit May 27th 2011 11:51 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 9390720)
Hey Akatomw, my husband's passport was almost delivered today! :D We weren't in, but they will be back tomorrow. Our timelines were pretty similar, so I would hope yours won't be too far behind...

Hey Amerlisa congrats well it looks like yours got to the top of the pile,and you should have yours or ur husbands in a few hours so i guess based on yours and a few others we are looking at 6 to 8 weeks after card is charged....well that is a wait huh but still as i said in these that we live i can see when it comes to searches that it would take a little while but it is a rather a long wait esp for first apps i am sure renewals shouldnt take as long. But still your wait time is up yipppeeee for you.

AmerLisa May 27th 2011 2:28 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by trinbrit (Post 9391433)
Hey Amerlisa congrats well it looks like yours got to the top of the pile,and you should have yours or ur husbands in a few hours so i guess based on yours and a few others we are looking at 6 to 8 weeks after card is charged....well that is a wait huh but still as i said in these that we live i can see when it comes to searches that it would take a little while but it is a rather a long wait esp for first apps i am sure renewals shouldnt take as long. But still your wait time is up yipppeeee for you.

Thanks, Trinbrit! At least you have an idea when your passport will be in, we didn't really know.... I hope yours will be with you before long! :)

renu5idhu May 28th 2011 3:48 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
Wow, im a new user and now i am in panic mode! when i sent my application in may 4th it said 4 weeks for a renewal!! i am due to fly out june 28th, there is no way im getting my passport back in time is there? USPS could not give anything in writing to say the passport was delivered, as of may 9th 5am the documents were in transit from their Washington sort to the destination and no further information is available, i have contacted careline twice now and passport is not in process, and was told that they will not be able to tell if it is there until i get charged! I told the man, i dont even know if you have it and i need to know if i am to report it lost! He told me to wait!! I live in Vancouver and am really upset by this...i am meant to be going to my brothers wedding, so disappointed. Will keep on checking my credit card transactions and pray. I really wish Washington Passort would have there own website with real times on there, i had a pit in my stomach the day i sent it express mail!!! Well USPS said that the embassy often doesnt have a scanner there and it is most likely there, so as of May 10 (im giving an extra day) they should of had it, no payments taken as of yet...

AmerLisa May 28th 2011 4:48 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9392748)
Wow, im a new user and now i am in panic mode! when i sent my application in may 4th it said 4 weeks for a renewal!! i am due to fly out june 28th, there is no way im getting my passport back in time is there? USPS could not give anything in writing to say the passport was delivered, as of may 9th 5am the documents were in transit from their Washington sort to the destination and no further information is available, i have contacted careline twice now and passport is not in process, and was told that they will not be able to tell if it is there until i get charged! I told the man, i dont even know if you have it and i need to know if i am to report it lost! He told me to wait!! I live in Vancouver and am really upset by this...i am meant to be going to my brothers wedding, so disappointed. Will keep on checking my credit card transactions and pray. I really wish Washington Passort would have there own website with real times on there, i had a pit in my stomach the day i sent it express mail!!! Well USPS said that the embassy often doesnt have a scanner there and it is most likely there, so as of May 10 (im giving an extra day) they should of had it, no payments taken as of yet...

Can't you track that the package was delivered through USPS? And it has taken most people (including us) at least a month before their credit cards were charged (go back and read some timelines.) The timeline for processing doesn't start until they take payment. And I've been told its taking from 6 to 8 weeks before you receive your new passport. So very well could be a 12 week time frame from start to finish.

renu5idhu May 28th 2011 5:04 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 9392816)
Can't you track that the package was delivered through USPS? And it has taken most people (including us) at least a month before their credit cards were charged (go back and read some timelines.) The timeline for processing doesn't start until they take payment. And I've been told its taking from 6 to 8 weeks before you receive your new passport. So very well could be a 12 week time frame from start to finish.

hi, yes i contacted us postal service and they said that there was probably no scanner that day and that it was most likely there... yep im praying that it will take less time and i get to go to my brothers wedding.

AmerLisa May 28th 2011 5:34 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9392833)
hi, yes i contacted us postal service and they said that there was probably no scanner that day and that it was most likely there... yep im praying that it will take less time and i get to go to my brothers wedding.

I should add that my husband just got his passport this morning, it took 12 weeks from the time I sent it off at UPS.

Simosa88 May 29th 2011 7:08 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9392748)
Wow, im a new user and now i am in panic mode! when i sent my application in may 4th it said 4 weeks for a renewal!! i am due to fly out june 28th, there is no way im getting my passport back in time is there? USPS could not give anything in writing to say the passport was delivered, as of may 9th 5am the documents were in transit from their Washington sort to the destination and no further information is available, i have contacted careline twice now and passport is not in process, and was told that they will not be able to tell if it is there until i get charged! I told the man, i dont even know if you have it and i need to know if i am to report it lost! He told me to wait!! I live in Vancouver and am really upset by this...i am meant to be going to my brothers wedding, so disappointed. Will keep on checking my credit card transactions and pray. I really wish Washington Passort would have there own website with real times on there, i had a pit in my stomach the day i sent it express mail!!! Well USPS said that the embassy often doesnt have a scanner there and it is most likely there, so as of May 10 (im giving an extra day) they should of had it, no payments taken as of yet...


Hey guys and Renu5idhu (I am in the same boat as you. Passport application arrived in washington may 2nd and I'm in Vancouver and need my passport for end of June)

I'm new to this forum so take it easy on me first time
So, I lost my passport in Fernie near Calgary and since then have moved to Vancouver. The problem is I am a 22 year-old graduate here by myself that needs to get to America at the beginning of July. My rent runs out then and money is low. I sent all my documents back to England (as I have no contacts here who could countersign) and the application arrived on April 2nd in Washington - that was the quickest I could get it there. Now, I've come on this forum and people are saying there is a serious delay in Washington which has scared the crap out of me. Up till now no payment has been taken from my card.

I was wondering what the best tactics and action would be towards getting my passport back ASAP. I have committed so much money to this US trip I really can't look back now, and other people are going to shoot me as they have committed a lot too. I was thinking:
1. Write a letter to Washington begging them to start processing.
2. Calling careline to escalate?
3. Last resort ask for emergency travel documents from the consulate in Vancouver.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it realistic that I can get my passport back in the beginning of July if I try all avenues? If I had known it would take this long I would have flown back to England and got the passport there. I know other people are in worse situations with relatives with health issues so my thoughts go out to them.

Renu tell me when money is debited from your account and I will inform you when mine occurs.

renu5idhu May 30th 2011 7:09 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Simosa88 (Post 9394798)
Hey guys and Renu5idhu (I am in the same boat as you. Passport application arrived in washington may 2nd and I'm in Vancouver and need my passport for end of June)

I'm new to this forum so take it easy on me first time
So, I lost my passport in Fernie near Calgary and since then have moved to Vancouver. The problem is I am a 22 year-old graduate here by myself that needs to get to America at the beginning of July. My rent runs out then and money is low. I sent all my documents back to England (as I have no contacts here who could countersign) and the application arrived on April 2nd in Washington - that was the quickest I could get it there. Now, I've come on this forum and people are saying there is a serious delay in Washington which has scared the crap out of me. Up till now no payment has been taken from my card.

I was wondering what the best tactics and action would be towards getting my passport back ASAP. I have committed so much money to this US trip I really can't look back now, and other people are going to shoot me as they have committed a lot too. I was thinking:
1. Write a letter to Washington begging them to start processing.
2. Calling careline to escalate?
3. Last resort ask for emergency travel documents from the consulate in Vancouver.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it realistic that I can get my passport back in the beginning of July if I try all avenues? If I had known it would take this long I would have flown back to England and got the passport there. I know other people are in worse situations with relatives with health issues so my thoughts go out to them.

Renu tell me when money is debited from your account and I will inform you when mine occurs.

Will do...

trinbrit May 30th 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9396738)
Will do...

well guys as amerlisa said it looks like it is taking or gonna take about 12 wks from start to finish my payment came out of my cc 7 wks after it was sent so it has been two wks since payment so i am hoping that with in the next two wks for me but maybe by a mirical it might be sooner,i think that at this time there is no control you just have to wait seeing that its all being done in DC i could imagine how many they have on the desk infront of them,we have to remember that they have there cks to do etc but boy it really is a long wait esp when they have ur orginal documents,my dad is an my a** to get his documents back (he's at that age of moaning hahahah) so here i am fingers still crossed on bended knew,i have however alot of faith.

trinbrit May 30th 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by trinbrit (Post 9397235)
well guys as amerlisa said it looks like it is taking or gonna take about 12 wks from start to finish my payment came out of my cc 7 wks after it was sent so it has been two wks since payment so i am hoping that with in the next two wks for me but maybe by a mirical it might be sooner,i think that at this time there is no control you just have to wait seeing that its all being done in DC i could imagine how many they have on the desk infront of them,we have to remember that they have there cks to do etc but boy it really is a long wait esp when they have ur orginal documents,my dad is an my a** to get his documents back (he's at that age of moaning hahahah) so here i am fingers still crossed on bended knew,i have however alot of faith.

Funny because my buddy kept telling me dont worry mine only took 2 weeks trust me you are gonna get it by fri hahahaha that was 7 weeks ago lol,these things just happen but i would have thought that 4 to 6 eks was gonna be 4 to 6 wks. good morning everybody.

renu5idhu May 31st 2011 12:58 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
I just called careline again today, the man was helpful... lol still no application in process but i have got a case reference and he took down my details and flight # and said someone will contact me in 3 days, although i am not holding my breath for that to happen... he also mentioned that they are receiving over 300 applications a day... will keep you all posted...

magsworld May 31st 2011 1:20 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by renu5idhu (Post 9398536)
I just called careline again today, the man was helpful... lol still no application in process but i have got a case reference and he took down my details and flight # and said someone will contact me in 3 days, although i am not holding my breath for that to happen... he also mentioned that they are receiving over 300 applications a day... will keep you all posted...

I found it amazing how inconsistent they seem to be. I called last week, my flight is June 12th, they have had my passport for over 7 weeks now and he said they could only escalate my case 5 days before date of travel.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:17 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.