Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Smiffy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by Smiffy1
Best of British luck to all you poor sods out there who are waiting for passports - mine still hasnt come, they have had it since 19th Jan (payment taken out on 28th Jan). STILL hasnt been processed yet - due to fly next week, arrrghhhhhhhh ............ ....
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Smiffy, I'm new to this forum but I think there is a Private Message feature you could use to contact the "British Consul" username. Good luck!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Hey thank you, but I have already worked that out!!! Cheers
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

[supposed to be 4 weeks from charging, but my card was charged on 28th jan and it still hasnt been processed!!! ]
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

kinghuang is an unknown quantity at this point

[supposed to be 4 weeks from charging, but my card was charged on 28th jan and it still hasnt been processed!!! ]
Smiffy1, spamming this thread is not going to help you or anyone else. It sounds like you've Careline to “escalate” your application, so you've already taken the right step. Having Dean here to help us out is a perk, but that's not his job.

You are not the only one, here. We are all frustrated by the extended processing times.

Last edited by kinghuang; Mar 11th 2010 at 7:10 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kinghuang
Smiffy1, spamming this thread is not going to help you or anyone else. It sounds like you've Careline to “escalate” your application, so you've already taken the right step. Having Dean here to help us out is a perk, but that's not his job.

You are not the only one, here. We are all frustrated by the extended processing times.
I didnt say that I was the only one!!!! dont know what you mean by "spamming this thread"! ...........
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt say that I was the only one!!!! dont know what you mean by "spamming this thread"! ...........
It's like Newcastle High Street on a Sunday morning in here, litter everywhere.

Welcome to the forum smiffy.

Perhaps "jamming" would be a better word. It's not a chat room, take time and compose your post before pressing the button.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zonie
It's like Newcastle High Street on a Sunday morning in here, litter everywhere.

Welcome to the forum smiffy.

Perhaps "jamming" would be a better word. It's not a chat room, take time and compose your post before pressing the button.
I did!!!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Jesse923 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Timeline:

Received by British Consulate: February 18th
Still not even a charge on my credit card! Is over three weeks before processing starts normal now, or should I start worrying that my application has been misplaced?

I read that you can't even check the status with Careline until it is entered into the system.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Brit78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brit78
Hello All,

New to the site here and have a passport question for the experts (Dean). I have read all about the delays and am just curious as to what my expectations should be. The turnaround time is stated to be 4 weeks. My dilema is that my passport will have been received by the embassy 3 weeks ago tomorrow and my credit card has still not been charged. I keep reading that the 4 weeks begins when the card is charged, but going on 3 weeks now with no charge. This seems a bit ridiculous to me. Let me know and thank you for your help.

Tim
Passport update for those keeping records. My passport was received by the British Embassy first thing on the morning of Tuesday February 2nd. My card was charged 3 weeks and 1 day later on February 24th. The passport arrived at my house this morning, 2 weeks and 2 days after my card was charged. Total time: 5 weeks and 3 days from the Embassy's receipt of my application for passport renewal until I received a new passport. Just thought I would let everyone know. Thanks.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brit78
Passport update for those keeping records. My passport was received by the British Embassy first thing on the morning of Tuesday February 2nd. My card was charged 3 weeks and 1 day later on February 24th. The passport arrived at my house this morning, 2 weeks and 2 days after my card was charged. Total time: 5 weeks and 3 days from the Embassy's receipt of my application for passport renewal until I received a new passport. Just thought I would let everyone know. Thanks.
you are very lucky - still waiting for mine - my card was charged on 28th Jan and passport still not yet been processed, we are due to travel next wednesday! .....

Last edited by Smiffy1; Mar 12th 2010 at 2:34 pm. Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DDexpat
Oh God. I have to be in England the weeked of March 20. I may be seriously out of luck here.

Is it possible to obtain an emergency passport from the local embassy (I'm in Houston) if your original passport is still in Washington being renewed??
I spoke to the consulate in Chicago yesterday. You can get an emergency one - costs around $120, but it only gets you overseas, it doesnt get you back here again! You will have to go to the passport office once you arrive to secure a new one to come back again!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Bonestable will become famous soon enough

Mine just came this morning.

It was received in Washington on Jan 27. Credit card charged Feb 23.

I called Careline at the end of Feb - our original travel date was March 6.

Called Careline again on Tuesday with our new travel dates for next week. They promised to escalate it and that they would call back within 72 hours.

Not sure if Careline or the escalation helped, but just pleased to have it.

Good luck to everyone else waiting.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Mine also came this morning! I could hardly believe it!

My timeline:
Feb 9: Renewal Application received at Embassy (this was just before the storm)
Mar 4 (Day 23) : Credit card charged
Mar 12 (Day 31): Passport received!

So that was only EIGHT days after they charged my credit card!! Given that the storm was on Feb 10th and must have created a slight back up, for me at least, they were on track at four weeks from date of receipt at the embassy.

I hope everyone else gets theirs soon.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

kinghuang is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, lots of great news today! I just found out my credit card was charged March 10. My timeline so far:

January 31: Mailed from Calgary, Canada.
February 16: Received in Washington.
March 10: Credit card charged.

All these recent posts have given me hope that I might actually get my passport in time for a trip on March 25!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.