British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

DDexpat Mar 10th 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Hello everyone. I sent mine via FEDEX on February 9, and my credit card was charged on March 3. Hoping to have my passport soon.

DDexpat Mar 10th 2010 6:24 pm

Is it four weeks from card charging?

Jscl Mar 10th 2010 6:50 pm

It seems to be four or five according to what I've been reading here. Some of those have had help from Dean though too.

DDexpat Mar 10th 2010 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jscl (Post 8410708)
It seems to be four or five according to what I've been reading here. Some of those have had help from Dean though too.

Oh God. I have to be in England the weeked of March 20. I may be seriously out of luck here.

Is it possible to obtain an emergency passport from the local embassy (I'm in Houston) if your original passport is still in Washington being renewed??

Jscl Mar 10th 2010 7:13 pm

I would check the rules here:
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...als/passports/

but (just happened to write this in another thread too) it is possible to get an emergency passport done at a British Consulate within a day, but you may have to visit in person. It costs about $100. The British Consulate I spoke to were really helpful on the phone, so they might know what to do, if you can find the phone number of your local one.

lisa67 Mar 10th 2010 7:46 pm

The kids passports arrived this morning...hurrah!! Thanks Dean :thumbsup:

DDexpat Mar 10th 2010 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 8410826)
The kids passports arrived this morning...hurrah!! Thanks Dean :thumbsup:

Timeline, my friend?

dottypotty Mar 10th 2010 8:39 pm

I sent off both and my two sons passports for renewal on Feb 24, no credit charge as yet. Reading all past posts the timeline seems to be wait approx 4 weeks for your cc to be charged, then 5 weeks for your passports to arrive - 9 weeks total. And that is if you are one of the lucky ones!!!!!

DDexpat Mar 10th 2010 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by dottypotty (Post 8410947)
I sent off both and my two sons passports for renewal on Feb 24, no credit charge as yet. Reading all past posts the timeline seems to be wait approx 4 weeks for your cc to be charged, then 5 weeks for your passports to arrive - 9 weeks total. And that is if you are one of the lucky ones!!!!!

Well, looks like it may be time for me to make an appointment at the Houston consulate then and hope they can issue me a temporary/emergency passport for my trip. I'm gutted. :(

lisa67 Mar 10th 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by DDexpat (Post 8410850)
Timeline, my friend?

passports sent off Jan 4th
cc charged Jan 21st
pp and application returned Feb 3rd (didn't like photos)
pp with new photos sent to w'ton again Feb 4th
renewed pps finally arrive March 10th!!:thumbsup:

British Consul Mar 11th 2010 2:44 am

Originally Posted by DDexpat (Post 8410714)

Is it possible to obtain an emergency passport from the local embassy (I'm in Houston) if your original passport is still in Washington being renewed??

Yes. Call 713-659-6270 select option 2.

Smiffy1 Mar 11th 2010 5:27 pm

Hi there,

so pleased you got yours. Ours was received on 19 Jan, payment taken 28th Jan, STILL no passport. It is now been "escalated" as we are due to fly early on 18 March (next Thursday). Getting VERY anxious as you can understand. Really hope it gets here soon!

Smiffy1

lisa67 Mar 11th 2010 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Smiffy1 (Post 8413235)
Hi there,

so pleased you got yours. Ours was received on 19 Jan, payment taken 28th Jan, STILL no passport. It is now been "escalated" as we are due to fly early on 18 March (next Thursday). Getting VERY anxious as you can understand. Really hope it gets here soon!

Smiffy1

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Smiffy1 Mar 11th 2010 5:38 pm

Please tell me how to get Dean on my case - I am supposed to be travelling next Weds (17th) and STILL no passport!!!! arrrghhhhhhhh

Smiffy1 Mar 11th 2010 6:21 pm

Best of British luck to all you poor sods out there who are waiting for passports - mine still hasnt come, they have had it since 19th Jan (payment taken out on 28th Jan). STILL hasnt been processed yet - due to fly next week, arrrghhhhhhhh ............ :frown: