British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

lisa67 Feb 2nd 2010 11:58 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Just got my kids passport photos (and application) returned from Washington.
The kids were deemed to be too smiley....just gone back to Walgreens for 2 more (very serious looking) photos :thumbdown:

N1cky Feb 3rd 2010 1:15 am

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 8306386)
Just got my kids passport photos (and application) returned from Washington.
The kids were deemed to be too smiley....just gone back to Walgreens for 2 more (very serious looking) photos :thumbdown:

Nightmare. My daughter looks like Myra Hindley in her last picture its so serious.

Still waiting on my daughtes passport to be returned. She has to leave the country by the 20th:ohmy:

lisa67 Feb 3rd 2010 2:38 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8306523)
Nightmare. My daughter looks like Myra Hindley in her last picture its so serious.

Still waiting on my daughtes passport to be returned. She has to leave the country by the 20th:ohmy:

:confused:
My daughter's previous passport had a lovely "smiley" picture of her in it...things must have changed in the past 5 years!

Hope your Daughter gets hers back in time :fingerscrossed:

Burn1911 Feb 3rd 2010 6:10 pm

Hubbys' passport is up for renewal - fingers crossed no one gets sick whilst it is off being renewed........ its the thing I hate the most being here without a passport!

Oh yeah, and giving them $224.00 :sneaky:

Hey hooooo the joys of ex-pat living!

N1cky Feb 4th 2010 4:22 am

Received the little slip from UPS today saying they have tried to deliver daughters passport, so we will collect it tomorrow.

Interesting thing is, when I went on UPS's website to change the delivery, Washington had sent the order for it to be collected and shipped overnight delivery on January 25th. UPS only picked it up yesterday:confused:

I won't really care once I have it safely in my hands. Just need to do a quick run across the border to Mexico now, and she's all set.... Well, until the visa renewal drama's start in 3 months time.

jamestravis Feb 8th 2010 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 8306628)
:confused:
My daughter's previous passport had a lovely "smiley" picture of her in it...things must have changed in the past 5 years!

Hope your Daughter gets hers back in time :fingerscrossed:

I think it's for the biometrics since if you smile it creases up your face and messes up the measurements

dottypotty Feb 8th 2010 7:46 pm

I am applying for my and my childrens passports to be renewed all at the same time. I rememeber when I renewed them in the uk, the applications came with an business reply envelope and I mailed each one seperately. Does any one know if I can mail all 3 applications together and just pay one lot of postage fee at $12?

lisa67 Feb 8th 2010 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by dottypotty (Post 8324237)
I am applying for my and my childrens passports to be renewed all at the same time. I rememeber when I renewed them in the uk, the applications came with an business reply envelope and I mailed each one seperately. Does any one know if I can mail all 3 applications together and just pay one lot of postage fee at $12?

I mailed both of my kids passports and renewal applications together to Washington :)

lisa67 Feb 8th 2010 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by jamestravis (Post 8323816)
I think it's for the biometrics since if you smile it creases up your face and messes up the measurements

ahhh....thanks for the explanation :)

...but both kids are smiling on their US visas and AP documents....different govs. different rules I guess!

dottypotty Feb 9th 2010 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 8324272)
I mailed both of my kids passports and renewal applications together to Washington :)

Did you just pay the $12 postage once? On the website it state that $12 is for up to 4 passports. I remember in UK all our passports came back separately, did your kids passports come back together?

lisa67 Feb 9th 2010 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by dottypotty (Post 8326488)
Did you just pay the $12 postage once? On the website it state that $12 is for up to 4 passports. I remember in UK all our passports came back separately, did your kids passports come back together?

kids pps came back together and because they had my credit card details they charged my card $12 (0nce) to return them to me.

geoffreybrooks Feb 11th 2010 1:03 pm

Jewels391234

Sorry to have been away for a short while.

Extreme delay has nothing to do with the date of travel. On my application I put my date for travel as July 2010. As I have mentioned the passport was finally delivered after ten weeks.

They are not interested in "criminal activity", their work is the security of UK borders. If you think about it, it stands to reason that the US intelligence services are involved. Bearing in mind the courier service we are forced to use, why otherwise would it be is more convenient to have the issuing office for the Americas in Washington DC than London?

Something in the past was done or said which they recorded.

Amanda F Feb 16th 2010 3:34 pm

Can anyone help?

UK Passport sent to DC for renewing - they received my FedEx package Jan 27th but Im still not in their system today, Feb 15th. Careline told me the office had been closed extra days due to the snow, they apologised for the delay and was told to call back 5 days before travel with flight details to see if they can expidite process but I may go insane with worry before next week....travel date is March 4th x 3 tickets to London.

Can I just go to DC and pick up the passport and re-send it in when I get back - its still valid a month after my return date, I only sent in because I thought I had plenty of time and wanted to do it before the summer rush..so much for being organised!!

WHY would they change the webpage message from 10 days to 4 weeks...

swingingvolley Feb 19th 2010 12:59 am

Hi Everyone,
Was just getting a little worried that my daughter's passport renewal had not come back so I did a little research and stumbled upon this forum. I see I'm not alone!

We are leaving on March 23 on a Caribbean cruise....what are my chances that it's going to get here before then??? I'm REALLY DEPRESSED after reading about the huge delays.

Here's our timeline:
Posted Jan 10
charged Jan 26

Is it worth calling CARELINE? Can they do anything other than tell you it's being processed? I keep seeing posts about contacting Dean. Is this through calling the consulate or through this forum?
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

swingingvolley Feb 19th 2010 1:13 am

Forgot to say we are in the US if that makes any difference. Off to search for that form on the passport webs:frown:ite to enquire about status????