British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

happyboo99 Aug 8th 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by sammymummy (Post 9545251)
I called the care line yesterday, they told me they couldn't find me in their system. Ive been waiting for 7wks now since they took payment. So what does it mean when they can't find you in the system?. The guy I spoke to told me to call back on Thursday. ?????? Don't know what I'm gonna do if they haven't even started the process on my passport. I'm stressing now!!:unsure:

Someone else on here had trouble because they were spelling the name wrong. I would call them back and have them search for you another way (i.e. date and place of birth).

What do they think is going to happen on Thursday -- no tea break or something?

Oooooh that was snarky but I am so annoyed. Right now I would pay $500 extra to have my passport within 7 days. Maybe they should offer that as an option.

sammymummy Aug 8th 2011 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by happyboo99 (Post 9545290)
Someone else on here had trouble because they were spelling the name wrong. I would call them back and have them search for you another way (i.e. date and place of birth).

What do they think is going to happen on Thursday -- no tea break or something?

Oooooh that was snarky but I am so annoyed. Right now I would pay $500 extra to have my passport within 7 days. Maybe they should offer that as an option.

They did search me using my D.O.B.... Any how they got all my info wrong, and I have to wait for them to correct it im gonna be sooooo mad!!! I don't even know what is gonna happen from now until Thursday but it better mean my passport is in the mail. I drove 5 hrs to the passport office in DC just to make sure they got all the right information they needed from me and to cut out delivery time. And now here I am still waiting for ever.

happyboo99 Aug 8th 2011 7:06 pm

It is really frustrating I know. At least they had my info correct but they received that thing beg June. On this site I have seen people who have sent them later and got them sooner.

I have a sick relative and it is getting a little hairy waiting this. I don't want to arrive at the funeral apologizing for the passport office.

sammymummy Aug 8th 2011 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by happyboo99 (Post 9545370)
It is really frustrating I know. At least they had my info correct but they received that thing beg June. On this site I have seen people who have sent them later and got them sooner.

I have a sick relative and it is getting a little hairy waiting this. I don't want to arrive at the funeral apologizing for the passport office.

I'm sorry to hear about your relative have you called care line and told them that you need your passport now due to a family emergency?... I've also noticed that some people have been getting theirs within a month. Mine is a renewal and name change but it isn't rocket science.

happyboo99 Aug 8th 2011 7:14 pm

Honestly I did not want to make a huge fuss but maybe I should. I suppose now if I call back they'll think I am making it up.

Mine was a name change too but back to my maiden name. I have had 2 passports in my maiden name already.

sammymummy Aug 8th 2011 7:21 pm

Give it a few days than call again, it's seems as if those who have been making the effort to call every few days have gotten their passports sooner.... It's worth a shot, couldn't get any worse.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:.

sammymummy Aug 9th 2011 1:15 am

Ok so I just called care line again, and now I'm in the system. Yesterday I wasn't but i am now. The uninterested Scottish guy said that I'm in the system and they are putting my info on my passport and it's now processing. I asked him how long does it take from that point for it to be finished and sent to me, he told me he doesn't know and that someone will be contacting me in 2 days to further discuss any issues. I'm pretty sure they are not going to contact me and that I'm going to have to call again. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::f ingerscrossed: it's not another month before I see my passport. Seeing as I have travel plans in 15days. This doesn't seem promising, but they could also surprise me and I might get it in the nick of time. :eek:

pbx Aug 9th 2011 1:24 am

refuse payment on your'e cc

I for one do not trust the do not care-line

sammymummy Aug 9th 2011 1:38 am

Originally Posted by pbx (Post 9546109)
refuse payment on your'e cc

I for one do not trust the do not care-line

Haha:rofl: it is a rip off to pay $233 for paper with your picture stuck on it, than you have to wait a ridiculas amount of time for it.

I just hope they fix what ever issues they are having and develop abetter more organized, time managed system.

tanaz Aug 10th 2011 6:23 am

My passport arrived a few days ago because of the helpful comments on this forum. Here's my timeline:

June 11: Mailed passport
June 13: Passport received
July 7: CC Charged
July 14: Called Careline (spoke to very unhelpful guy with Scottish accent)
July 27: Wrote email to MP (replied that he contacted agency to speed up processing)
August 1: Started to feel very stressed (UK flights with family booked on 19th Aug)
August 2: Called Careline again. Spoke to a friendly Scottish guy (Scot?) who first told me to expect passport in mid Sept. When I said I had a vital job interview in UK, he gave me a reference number and told me to expect passport in a few days.
August 5: passport arrived :)

Huge sigh of relief! Hope this is helpful to someone.

sammymummy Aug 10th 2011 5:36 pm

That is fantastic.... Congratulation. I hope the new job goes great.
Still waiting for mine, called a few times got a case # and he took my info and said that he sent a email to washington. I pray I have the same luck as you. I really need my passport NOW!!!!.

Anyway congrats again. Good luck in your new job

Neidpath Aug 11th 2011 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Neidpath (Post 9525667)
Sent mine off early June ( just as Canada Post decided to strike......) Arrived June 30th and credit card charged on 23rd July. I assume in 10 weeks time I might get my passport! Had planned a trip to Bermuda ( but not bought tickets thankfully) end of August but I suspect that will not be happening.

Just an update, phoned careline on Monday, and my passport arrived today!

sammymummy Aug 11th 2011 7:22 pm

That's great. When you called monday what did they say to you?..... Was you on their system?

Neidpath Aug 11th 2011 9:46 pm

Yes, I was in their system, said they would escalate it and gave me a ref number - also said phone back Thursday or Friday for update ( didnt need to though as it arrived!)

cpc996 Aug 12th 2011 7:51 am

July 8th: Mailed application via UPS
July 13th: Application signed for
Aug 2nd: Account charged

Now I am playing the waiting game.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had their cc or account charged and had their application denied?