Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:02 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by sammymummy
Hi I'm so frustrated with this issues, I hand delivered my passport application to the dc passport processing center in mid may, my credit card was charged on may 29th and still nothing 2 months later I have not received a thing, I am ment to be traveling back to london for my sisters wedding on august 20th. I would love if Dean could help my out with this. My name is Samantha <snip>. Please help.
Samantha I have removed your last name and date of birth, it's really not wise to post personal info like that on a public online community.

Have you called Careline?
Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbx
YaHOO

got passport today

17 weeks not a good thing

still i am glad to move on
You might now wish to reflect that it probably would be a good idea to obtain your Canadian citizenship.

Also, as your posts suggest you do not have any Canadian proof of your immigration status, you need to look at that first. At best, you are vulnerable to losing your job, healthcare, etc, if you cannot prove you are a permanent resident. And at worst, if it turns out you were only admitted to Canada as a tourist rather than an immigrant in 1964, then you have much deeper problems which might require an appeal to the Minister for Immigration to sort out. At a minimum, do not leave Canada until you get a permanent resident card.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I'm so frustrated with this issues, I hand delivered my passport application to the dc passport processing center in mid may, my credit card was charged on may 29th and still nothing 2 months later I have not received a thing, I am ment to be traveling back to london for my sisters wedding on august 20th. I would love if Dean could help my out with this. My name is Samantha <snip>. Please help.
Dean is not around at the moment. Call the careline number that others have posted in the thread...they seem to be helpful. Good luck.

Welcome to the site.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:13 am
Just Joined

sammymummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Samantha I have removed your last name and date of birth, it's really not wise to post personal info like that on a public online community.

Have you called Careline?
thanks this is my first time posting anything, anywhere. So thanks for taking the time to look out for other people. I was just irritated and wanted answers.
I haven't contacted care line YET cause I don't want to have to pay even more $$ to have them say. "we dont see you in the system" or "sorry can't help" I know I'm gonna have to do it but I'm praying for a small miracle of it showing up.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks this is my first time posting anything, anywhere. So thanks for taking the time to look out for other people. I was just irritated and wanted answers.
I haven't contacted care line YET cause I don't want to have to pay even more $$ to have them say. "we dont see you in the system" or "sorry can't help" I know I'm gonna have to do it but I'm praying for a small miracle of it showing up.
Was it for a new PP or a renewal? If it was for a renewal I would certainly call the CareLine number...especially as you are due to travel in 2 weeks.

Even if you're new to posting on forums...I hope you stick around and get to know us.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Deans not around I've read in a older post that he's help before..... Oh well I guess I have no choice but to spend even more money!!! It's so upsetting that I have to pay $200+ on the passport than have to pay $2per min to find out where it is.

I also had to send of for my kids first time American passport they arrived 2days ago and only took 2 weeks to process. I know it's American and that way it's way faster than the British passports but it was like rubbing salt on a open wound... I was glad they arrived but I was hurt that mine hadn't.

It was a renewal. But I had lost my old passport. Also a name change. But when I took it in to the passport office in dc they told me I had everything in order and I should get I back before august. yEAH RIGHT

Last edited by sammymummy; Aug 6th 2011 at 3:34 am. Reason: Answering question
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Deans not around I've read in a older post that he's help before..... Oh well I guess I have no choice but to spend even more money!!! It's so upsetting that I have to pay $200+ on the passport than have to pay $2per min to find out where it is.

I also had to send of for my kids first time American passport they arrived 2days ago and only took 2 weeks to process. I know it's American and that way it's way faster than the British passports but it was like rubbing salt on a open wound... I was glad they arrived but I was hurt that mine hadn't.

It was a renewal. But I had lost my old passport. Also a name change. But when I took it in to the passport office in dc they told me I had everything in order and I should get I back before august. yEAH RIGHT
Do you have a US PP?
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Do you have a US PP?
No, my kids where born in American and my husbands American. I just looked on the uk in USA website and under contact us, they state that due to passport delays they will not be additional charges to call the care line, just international rates the your phone provider will charge. Ok that's not that bad then. Ok I will call them on Sunday,
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:12 am
pbx
Just Joined

pbx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
You might now wish to reflect that it probably would be a good idea to obtain your Canadian citizenship.

Also, as your posts suggest you do not have any Canadian proof of your immigration status, you need to look at that first. At best, you are vulnerable to losing your job, healthcare, etc, if you cannot prove you are a permanent resident. And at worst, if it turns out you were only admitted to Canada as a tourist rather than an immigrant in 1964, then you have much deeper problems which might require an appeal to the Minister for Immigration to sort out. At a minimum, do not leave Canada until you get a permanent resident card.
yes i have Immigration papers Mum has sent me the things i need.
So lets see how long it takes to get a PR card and or Canadian citizenship!!

Yet more Government red tape

as i have said b4

Common sense not so common ( Mark Twain)

All the best luck to everyone that is waiting for this slow process

No one have any suggestion on how to improve the passport process
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:25 am
Just Joined

happyboo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am getting a bit twitchy myself about the passport. Calling the careline as soon as it reopens.

Courier has my application package as delivered June 6. Yes there was a name change but back to my maiden name. Not exactly rocket science.

Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Saro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saro
So I was able to pick up my passport, but I found out why Careline couldn't find me in their system. They misspelled my name!! I suppose they will take another 4 months to fix it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
It arrived on Thursday! I was pretty impressed - it only took from July 20 when I mailed it to August 4 when it arrived here for them to correct my name. I didn't even think they'd even have opened the envelope by then. I am so glad this is over with. Good luck to everyone else!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saro
It arrived on Thursday! I was pretty impressed - it only took from July 20 when I mailed it to August 4 when it arrived here for them to correct my name. I didn't even think they'd even have opened the envelope by then. I am so glad this is over with. Good luck to everyone else!
Congratulations.... I know you must be happy. I'm glad that they didn't take long. Hopefully those of us still waiting get a bit of your luck
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

After all the stress of waiting for passports last month I ended up with two. An American one and a UK one.
(I gained US citizenship days before I went home on vacation.)

I just came back to check how things are. Have the delays improved any?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:43 pm
pbx
Just Joined

pbx is an unknown quantity at this point

NO NO NO
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

I called the care line yesterday, they told me they couldn't find me in their system. Ive been waiting for 7wks now since they took payment. So what does it mean when they can't find you in the system?. The guy I spoke to told me to call back on Thursday. ?????? Don't know what I'm gonna do if they haven't even started the process on my passport. I'm stressing now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.