Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Jdatlas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by kel.n.issy
So I sent 3 of ours back for renewal 3 weeks ago - payed by CC and amount has been taken 2 days ago. Whats the consenus of how long it could take from now. We are going away (not needing PP just in US) for three weeks next week, what happens if your not there to sign - we need them for trip 1st Sept.

Issy
I sent my application in on June 8 and the money was taken from my credit card on June 24. I am hoping that means my passport should be here very soon.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Nigel84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Took two weeks to receive stuff once the charge was taken for me. Although in my case I didn't get a passport, instead they didn't seem to like my birth certificate. 5 weeks altogether of waiting before I got the paperwork back with the issue. Sent the stuff back and now back to the waiting game
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

CB82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I mailed my passport renewal off on June 16th and it was received by the Embassy on the 17th. Today I checked my credit card statement online and I see two pending transactions for the British Embassy in Washington for the same amount when there should only be one. I'm only applying for me. Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund if you're billed twice? Hopefully I'll get the passport soon.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

you can first call the bank but from experience of this happening from an online purchase they wont do anything till payments have cleared so check tomorrow if they are no longer pending then try the bank, good luck..
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

honey22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found out yesterday that since my current passport is not machine readable,
it is going to take D.C longer to issue me a new machine readable one. They need the original application form ( which was submitted almost 10 years ago @ the british Embassy in Islamabad)
Atleast now I know where I stand. I am very thankful to Dean for all his help,
if not for him I would still be waiting for the UPS delivery guy to show up every day.
Good luck to every one else.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

ranaldmacd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by British Consul
The "generic" email you mention will give an indication as to whether your status request is being worked on, and you will have been given advice as to when/if our staff will contact you. The people handling the on-line status enquiries are not in the same location as those processing the passports and are solely tracking and managing urgent applications. If the passport examiners find there is a problem with your application, they will contact you separately.
I also have been waiting since April and am getting extremely worried since I am supposed to be leaving this week.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jdatlas
I sent my application in on June 8 and the money was taken from my credit card on June 24. I am hoping that means my passport should be here very soon.
I feel your pain.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jdatlas
I am now getting extremely worried.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know that when you hold a Greencard does the UK passport need to be valid for 6 months or more? I know this is the case with visa travel but can't find an answer about how much time I need left on my current passport

I have to travel in early October and seeing these tales of passport delays I'm wondering if I dare risk travelling with a passport that expires in Feb 2010 or maybe send it over to my parents for them to submit it to the UK passport office
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave2702
Does anyone know that when you hold a Greencard does the UK passport need to be valid for 6 months or more?
No.

I know this is the case with visa travel
It's not the case for visa travel either, at least not with British passports.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ

It's not the case for visa travel either, at least not with British passports.
As long as they're machine readable...saying that, KSA embassy was the only place I thought that didn't issue machine readable passports, though they might have fixed that in the last year or so.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:07 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
As long as they're machine readable...saying that, KSA embassy was the only place I thought that didn't issue machine readable passports, though they might have fixed that in the last year or so.
Machine readable passports are only needed for the visa waiver scheme. If you have a US visa, or a green card, any valid passport will do.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by ranaldmacd
I also have been waiting since April and am getting extremely worried since I am supposed to be leaving this week.
Sorted. Passport had been ready since 30 June but application marked for self collection from Washington.

Dean
Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Jdatlas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by British Consul
Sorted. Passport had been ready since 30 June but application marked for self collection from Washington.

Dean
Oops. I hope I didn't accidentally check that box too.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:30 am
Just Joined

mplsbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I overnighted my passport for renewal today to DC. We have 5 non-refundable tickets to travel to France August 10 from Minneapolis. Are the delays easing up? Is a shade over 5 weeks anywhere near enough for a renewal?

Who is Dean? He seems like a magic worker?

Please advise. Thanks...

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.