British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

edwardyuen Jul 18th 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by sselbie (Post 9502841)
No That was 9 weeks total

And you mentioned that you have contacted your MP, may I know which country are you in now?

sselbie Jul 18th 2011 4:54 pm

I live in the US but was told on this forum I could still contact the MP from where I last lived in the UK.

Shazban Jul 18th 2011 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by sselbie (Post 9502728)
Well, After 9 weeks today I finally got my passport!

That was 3 Careline calls,
2 letters to the Embassy,
3 e-mails to the Consulate,
but eventually it was my local MP that did the deed!...One contact to them and the next day they were on it and my Passport was being sent by UPS!

Of course who is going to cover the 9 weeks in loss of wage and interest on bills I couldn't cover!....

It'll take me another few months to catch up but I am glad that I am back in control of my life!

Very happy that you got it finally!!

sselbie Jul 18th 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks soooo much Shazban....I can tell you my stress has really slowed down today!...now just hoping my work can get me up and running again soon!
Thanks again!

GBGIRAFFE Jul 18th 2011 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9487061)
Not to hold your hand....but you found this thread presumably by googling it. Go up one, to the root of this forum. You'll see 4 threads with, in bright red that say "Read Me"...read them.

The info you want is in two of them.

Also in this thread hundreds of times, if you search it.

You'll quickly find "emergency" is what you think a emergency is, so yes, you can apply for ETD for a holiday.

Bob, Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. You have no idea how reassuring it is to read your reply. This is an awesome site.

Zinfan Jul 19th 2011 11:43 am

I called the careline today for the first time. Guy was sincerely helpful. My fee was processed on June 22nd. Passport is ready and I should have it in five days. I know one shouldn't count ones chickens unto they are hatched, but this is one serious relief. I will post when I have it in my hands.
Cheers
Alan

Shazban Jul 19th 2011 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Zinfan (Post 9504489)
I called the careline today for the first time. Guy was sincerely helpful. My fee was processed on June 22nd. Passport is ready and I should have it in five days. I know one shouldn't count ones chickens unto they are hatched, but this is one serious relief. I will post when I have it in my hands.
Cheers
Alan

YAY!! I reckon it's safe to celebrate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ykidc Jul 19th 2011 4:11 pm

Flying on the 21st, spoke to the care line yesterday to find that my application was still being examined. Booked an appointment for and ETD for 9am this morning. Just got back from the British Consultate to pick up my ETD... Only to find my replacement passport waiting for me!

Time Line
- Posted June 13th
- Arrived June 14th
- Payment Taken July 8th
- Passport arrived July 19th

Having a slight moment of hysteria!

midmod Jul 19th 2011 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Zinfan (Post 9504489)
Cheers
Alan

Wow, good for you. I've called careline twice, my call-back date changes. PP received in DC 16 MAY, cc debited 20 JUNE. Pretty random stuff huh?

Spasticrhino Jul 19th 2011 6:59 pm

Yeah I called Careline again lastnight... I must be close. My flight is July 29th to IReland, onto England. Made it so that if I need to get an ETD will be flying from KS to Chicago early in the morning so can get it before my departure. My credit card was charged June 15th so I'm thinking it must be anyday now but who knows.. Its seems like there's no ryhme or reason, its just who complained the most and/or got lucky...

midmod Jul 19th 2011 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Spasticrhino (Post 9505228)
Yeah I called Careline again lastnight... I must be close. My flight is July 29th to IReland, onto England. Made it so that if I need to get an ETD will be flying from KS to Chicago early in the morning so can get it before my departure. My credit card was charged June 15th so I'm thinking it must be anyday now but who knows.. Its seems like there's no ryhme or reason, its just who complained the most and/or got lucky...

So I went out to pick up my mail and, on my doormat lies my passport! (the UPS guy didn't ring the doorbell!) Thank you Green Team! Careline told me that DC would contact me within 3 or 4 days. Instead of calling, they went ahead and sent my passport...Phew! I hope everyone else with a similar timeline doesn't have to wait much longer.

lyonsden1193 Jul 19th 2011 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by midmod (Post 9505257)
So I went out to pick up my mail and, on my doormat lies my passport! (the UPS guy didn't ring the doorbell!) Thank you Green Team! Careline told me that DC would contact me within 3 or 4 days. Instead of calling, they went ahead and sent my passport...Phew! I hope everyone else with a similar timeline doesn't have to wait much longer.

I'm real curious about UPS. When I got mine it required adult signature because it was sensitive document. Who signed for yours??

Jerseygirl Jul 19th 2011 7:38 pm

Excellent...good for you and everyone else who have received their PPs. :thumbsup:

I hope this means the FCO are getting their arses in gear and sorting this mess out...rather than prioritizing those that phone and complain...thus pushing the rest further and further down the queue.

Shazban Jul 19th 2011 8:09 pm

FANTASTIC!!!!! so very happy for you. Now you get to go see that special scottish fellow who's been ever so patiently waiting :thumbsup:

midmod Jul 19th 2011 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Shazban (Post 9505367)
FANTASTIC!!!!! so very happy for you. Now you get to go see that special scottish fellow who's been ever so patiently waiting :thumbsup:

Thank you Shaz, Dad,here I come!