British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

eanne06 Jul 4th 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by LP9 (Post 9475162)

Did you finally get it? What's your timeline? How did you finally get someone to assist you?

LP9 Jul 4th 2011 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by eanne06 (Post 9475269)
Did you finally get it? What's your timeline? How did you finally get someone to assist you?

I got it Wednesday of this week.

If you've followed my posts at all you'll have some understanding of how...lol

Just badgered and poked the right people until it happened.

Sent May 21st
Received May 24th
Payment June 27th
Passport June 29th

lou6 Jul 5th 2011 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Simosa88 (Post 9474794)
STEVE IS THE MAN! YOU ARE SORTED.

Oh goody!! Let's hope so.

Shazban Jul 5th 2011 1:27 am

LOVE IT! That'll be my face when the ups guy shows up. I've already decided I'm gonna kiss him on the lips :-)

midmod Jul 5th 2011 5:33 am

That is ADORABLE!!!

Simosa88 Jul 5th 2011 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Shazban (Post 9474967)
Please tell me that Peter is the man too? LOL

PETER IS INCREDIBLE. HE IS SO THE MAN AS WELL. I spoke to him the most. Helped me EVERY step of the way. He was my favorite.

Shazban Jul 5th 2011 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Simosa88 (Post 9475857)
PETER IS INCREDIBLE. HE IS SO THE MAN AS WELL. I spoke to him the most. Helped me EVERY step of the way. He was my favorite.

BRILLIANT! I got the warm & fuzzies now :). Thanks!!!

geordie80815 Jul 5th 2011 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by mshedden (Post 9465518)
Emailing Careline is a waste of time. They make no money on emails and they are unlikely to respond usefully, citing 'data protection act' etc.

Call them, get a reference number. They should be able to give you status.

Took your advise, after 8 goes got through to Careline....An investigator is checking it. Although money came out of my account on 6th April Careline said they didn`t get it till may9th....so ten weeks from that date..I should have Passport as soon as I asked for reference I was told it would be mailed on 18th this month...Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

fine1 Jul 5th 2011 7:18 pm

I finally got my daughters passport. Unfortunatley it arrived 3 hours after we left home!! They really can't get it right in DC!! Here is my timeline

April 26th renewal passport sent via UPS
April 27th arrived in DC
May 27th CC charged
June 30th ETD issued
July 1st 8am left for the UK
July 1st 9.30am passport arrived at my home via UPS

muffin4u4 Jul 5th 2011 8:40 pm

Name Change on Passport:
Mailed May 7th
Arrived May 9th
CC charged June 13th.
Called careline June 27th

Passport arrived this am!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

No need for ETD now :) Get to go on my 5 Week, 7 Country Grande Tour :)

Hopefully this means they are now pulling their fingers out in Washington.....All of you still waiting.....there is hope :)

Lorraine

Bob Jul 6th 2011 12:12 am

It does seem that they are speeding up on things and working their way through the backlog recently, so hopefully everyone will get squared away pretty soon :)

Train Set Jul 6th 2011 12:54 am

Similar story to all.
  • Passport gets to DC 10 May (during which time the web site quoted 4 to 6 weeks for processing).
  • Credit card charged 13 June.
  • Called Careline on 29 June and was told they hadn't even started processing my renewal.

So it looks like I'm off to DC to get an ETD early August so I can go on holiday. BTW Consular Services were very helpful when I called to ask about the process for an ETD. So a big hurah to those guys, and a big fat boo to the passport office.

pTeronaut Jul 6th 2011 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9477621)
It does seem that they are speeding up on things and working their way through the backlog recently, so hopefully everyone will get squared away pretty soon :)

Only for those who call Careline it seems.

I gave a travel date of July 7th on the application that they received on March 31st and took payment for on May 5th. I haven't called Careline yet, because I don't really travel for a month or two, but if I were truly traveling on Thursday, the passport has to be at my door tomorrow (UPS invariably deliver to me around 5:30pm), for me to travel.

muffin4u4 Jul 6th 2011 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Train Set (Post 9477674)
Similar story to all.
  • Passport gets to DC 10 May (during which time the web site quoted 4 to 6 weeks for processing).
  • Credit card charged 13 June.
  • Called Careline on 29 June and was told they hadn't even started processing my renewal.

So it looks like I'm off to DC to get an ETD early August so I can go on holiday. BTW Consular Services were very helpful when I called to ask about the process for an ETD. So a big hurah to those guys, and a big fat boo to the passport office.

You timeline is within a day or 2 of mine.........I got mine today .......so hopefully yours in on the UPS truck as we type :)

CAdreaming Jul 6th 2011 9:47 am

So cute!!!