British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

mshedden Jul 3rd 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83 (Post 9472533)
Do they return documents when they send the new passport?

Meaning my marriage certificate etc.

Yes, plus your old passport.

grumpy39 Jul 3rd 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
I spoke to a lovely Scottish lady on the helpline number and explained my situation with my 3 boys passports, that I had sent them in 7 weeks before we fly and needed them to get our new visa's when home, she sent a note to Washington and 11 days later UPS are at the door with the new passports!! :D:D:thumbsup::rofl:

muffin4u4 Jul 3rd 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by grumpy39 (Post 9472578)
I spoke to a lovely Scottish lady on the helpline number and explained my situation with my 3 boys passports, that I had sent them in 7 weeks before we fly and needed them to get our new visa's when home, she sent a note to Washington and 11 days later UPS are at the door with the new passports!! :D:D:thumbsup::rofl:

What was you timeline??? When did you first send them in?

grumpy39 Jul 3rd 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by muffin4u4 (Post 9472622)
What was you timeline??? When did you first send them in?

I sent them in on the 24th May, spoke to them on the June the 22nd and the 1st Lady I spoke to told me they weren't in the system and it would take 10 weeks once they started process, so I called back the next day to try and cancel them and got the Scottish women that saved the day!!

So from start to finish it was just over a month!! :D

Hotscot Jul 3rd 2011 10:55 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
Your timeline is a week later than mine but yet you have yours already?

I genuinely am pleased for you, no doubt, but also frustrated.

aml1982 Jul 3rd 2011 11:14 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
Incredibly angry/frustrated right now. Just got through to the helpline, tried to explain my situation to the guy that answered - we move back to the UK in a little over 7 weeks, passport has been in DC 3 1/2 weeks and they haven't even taken our payment yet. Got the immediate brush off "we can't do anything until payment is taken, blah, blah, blah". Resisted the urge to tell him that I know that they have found a way round that for other people, and tried asking how we could contact them to get our stuff sent back to us. Told me to write a letter. I said that we already sent a letter in shortly after the original application went in with some supplementary info, and I am assuming it is still sat in the same pile of unopened mail that the application is. "Sorry, there's nothing I can do". So apparently it all depends on which person answers the phone as to whether you get help or not.

lou6 Jul 4th 2011 1:17 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by grumpy39 (Post 9472578)
I spoke to a lovely Scottish lady on the helpline number and explained my situation with my 3 boys passports, that I had sent them in 7 weeks before we fly and needed them to get our new visa's when home, she sent a note to Washington and 11 days later UPS are at the door with the new passports!! :D:D:thumbsup::rofl:

I am pleased for you, but frustrated that I am still waiting for my 3 kids passports. They received my application at the beginning of May. I thought I read from a previous post that the Scottish women at Careline was very unhelpful. Maybe she's had a change of heart.... We spoke to Steve at Careline on Friday and he told us that he would send a note to expedite the applications, and that I should hear something in three days, I guess we'll see.

grumpy39 Jul 4th 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by lou6 (Post 9473338)
I am pleased for you, but frustrated that I am still waiting for my 3 kids passports. They received my application at the beginning of May. I thought I read from a previous post that the Scottish women at Careline was very unhelpful. Maybe she's had a change of heart.... We spoke to Steve at Careline on Friday and he told us that he would send a note to expedite the applications, and that I should hear something in three days, I guess we'll see.

Lou6

Thats how it happened with me, they sent a note and told me they'd call back within 72hrs and they called back within 36hrs and told me I would have them before we travelled. So fingers crossed it works the same for you. :fingerscrossed:

The 1st person I spoke to was Scottish too and she was NO help at all, but the 2nd lady was great and got the ball rolling.


Good luck to all the rest of you guys trying to get your passports back.

Simosa88 Jul 4th 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by lou6 (Post 9473338)
I am pleased for you, but frustrated that I am still waiting for my 3 kids passports. They received my application at the beginning of May. I thought I read from a previous post that the Scottish women at Careline was very unhelpful. Maybe she's had a change of heart.... We spoke to Steve at Careline on Friday and he told us that he would send a note to expedite the applications, and that I should hear something in three days, I guess we'll see.

STEVE IS THE MAN! YOU ARE SORTED.

Shazban Jul 4th 2011 8:20 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Simosa88 (Post 9474794)
STEVE IS THE MAN! YOU ARE SORTED.

Please tell me that Peter is the man too? LOL

eanne06 Jul 4th 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
I spoke to Scott. He was nice, but I don't know how helpful he can be. My fingers are crossed! Anyone have any experience with him?

pTeronaut Jul 4th 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
I wonder how many of the Careline service agents who 'come through' for us, actually do nothing, but see that the requested passport is close to or is in transit, tell the customer on the other end that s/he'll try to hurry it up so that they'll look good?

Shazban Jul 4th 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by pTeronaut (Post 9475055)
I wonder how many of the Careline service agents who 'come through' for us, actually do nothing, but see that the requested passport is close to or is in transit, tell the customer on the other end that s/he'll try to hurry it up so that they'll look good?

HILARIOUS!!! :lol:

LP9 Jul 4th 2011 10:41 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22009291/1309813754580.jpg

Jerseygirl Jul 4th 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by LP9 (Post 9475162)

Woo Hoo. :thumbsup:

What a lovely little boy. :wub:


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:28 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.