British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Delays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-delays-607794/)

dbnull Jun 20th 2009 3:36 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
I think Washington is trying their utmost best to satisfy the intended date of travel filled on the passport form and/or based on the Passport enquiry on their website.
I did receive a call today from UPS and our package was delivered this morning, unfortunately since the application for my children is by descent, they require us to send them the hospital records for our children and also fill out a marriage declaration form. The marriage declaration form I believe is because I am British (me being the father) and their mother is not.

I did wait for a while, but based on their new IT application/integration, I can tell you how tough these things can be, being in the same Industry.

Keep hope alive, they are thinking about your plans too.

Nigel84 Jun 25th 2009 6:02 am

Re: Passport Delays
 
I am glad I found this thread, it's been of great help to me.

I sent my passport application about a month ago. They finally charged my card last Friday but so far nothing has come in. Based on posts here it appears I may still have a long wait to go:thumbdown:

I sent an inquiry through the consulate website but I just got a generic email in response. It would be nice to know if all my paperwork was in order. I would hate to wait all this time just to receive the paperwork back stating something is wrong or missing.

Nigel84 Jun 25th 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
I do have a question for those of you that did receive your passports. Did you get any type of shipping confirmation that the embassy shipped your passport or did it just show up?

JulesNYC Jun 25th 2009 10:40 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Nigel84 (Post 7699695)
I do have a question for those of you that did receive your passports. Did you get any type of shipping confirmation that the embassy shipped your passport or did it just show up?

I got an automated voicemail from UPS on the day of delivery, stating the shipment # and that I needed to be home to sign for the packet. Passport arrived approximately 2 hours later.

British Consul Jun 25th 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Nigel84 (Post 7697349)
I am glad I found this thread, it's been of great help to me.

I sent my passport application about a month ago. They finally charged my card last Friday but so far nothing has come in. Based on posts here it appears I may still have a long wait to go:thumbdown:

I sent an inquiry through the consulate website but I just got a generic email in response. It would be nice to know if all my paperwork was in order. I would hate to wait all this time just to receive the paperwork back stating something is wrong or missing.

The "generic" email you mention will give an indication as to whether your status request is being worked on, and you will have been given advice as to when/if our staff will contact you. The people handling the on-line status enquiries are not in the same location as those processing the passports and are solely tracking and managing urgent applications. If the passport examiners find there is a problem with your application, they will contact you separately.

Nigel84 Jun 25th 2009 11:34 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by British Consul (Post 7699744)
The "generic" email you mention will give an indication as to whether your status request is being worked on, and you will have been given advice as to when/if our staff will contact you. The people handling the on-line status enquiries are not in the same location as those processing the passports and are solely tracking and managing urgent applications. If the passport examiners find there is a problem with your application, they will contact you separately.

Oh ok thank you :)

Yea I thought it looked generic based on its wording because it didn't really give any specific information other than this is a period when passport processing times are delayed and I will be contacted if there is a problem. Didn't really tell one way or another if it was being worked on, was processed, pending something, etc. I assume it's currently being processed due to them charging my card last Friday.

Nigel84 Jun 26th 2009 12:20 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by JulesNYC (Post 7699710)
I got an automated voicemail from UPS on the day of delivery, stating the shipment # and that I needed to be home to sign for the packet. Passport arrived approximately 2 hours later.


That's good to know. Wonder if that's done in all cases or just a feature of the UPS hub in your area? I know with past signature required deliveries I have had I never got any notification like that. I just got the call tag on the door if I missed the delivery.

JulesNYC Jun 26th 2009 12:37 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Nigel84 (Post 7699997)
That's good to know. Wonder if that's done in all cases or just a feature of the UPS hub in your area? I know with past signature required deliveries I have had I never got any notification like that. I just got the call tag on the door if I missed the delivery.

My fiance has a lot of UPS deliveries - I can tell you that we never get notified by phone or any other form of communique telling us they will be delivering something. This was a first!

Nigel84 Jun 26th 2009 6:52 am

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by JulesNYC (Post 7700037)
My fiance has a lot of UPS deliveries - I can tell you that we never get notified by phone or any other form of communique telling us they will be delivering something. This was a first!

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated.

Maybe they request this from UPS being that these are government documents or something:confused: Anyone else here given a heads up when the passport was shipped?

That would be nice as it would allow me to try to make sure someone can sign for it. Saves me going all the way to the UPS hub.

I am hoping I get the passport soon as I am leaving on the 22nd of July. I sent my US passport with my UK passport documentation so I have no passports to travel on right now:( I am thinking I should be ok but some of the stories on here got me spooked. I am glad I paid extra for the refundable plane tickets:fingerscrossed:

JulesNYC Jun 26th 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Nigel84 (Post 7700785)
Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated.

Maybe they request this from UPS being that these are government documents or something:confused: Anyone else here given a heads up when the passport was shipped?

That would be nice as it would allow me to try to make sure someone can sign for it. Saves me going all the way to the UPS hub.

I am hoping I get the passport soon as I am leaving on the 22nd of July. I sent my US passport with my UK passport documentation so I have no passports to travel on right now:( I am thinking I should be ok but some of the stories on here got me spooked. I am glad I paid extra for the refundable plane tickets:fingerscrossed:

I was also super spooked when I first put my passport in for renewal, given the stories I've read! We are going on a honeymoon cruise we saved all year for and they won't let me on the ship without the passport! Panic didn't even begin to describe it!

I must say though I was super impressed by how quickly I received my passport. I did pay with a US money order so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. (Mine took a total of 3 weeks to get to me). I am sure the UPS notification is something the Embassy has worked with UPS on - it's a nice touch.

I have my fingers crossed for you too - from what I hear the Embassy are working on clearing up the delays, I am sure you'll get it back in time. Keep us posted!

pmills Jun 26th 2009 3:19 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
My application was received in Washington June 3rd,i'm in Canada and I paid with a US money order also. The passport just arrived so that's basically 3 weeks and two days(another exceptional case). I had a travel date for the 30th of June and so i'm guessing they are really trying their best to prioritize applications according to the date of travel. I called the careline two days ago and was told that they started processing my application on June 9th. To those of you who have urgent travel plans just complete the online form,give it sometime and then call and follow up i guess and maybe paying with a money order also helps.

Nigel84 Jun 26th 2009 5:05 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 
Thanks for the information JulesNYC and pmills. Hopefully then something comes in soon. I am trying to avoid having to call because they charge so much but if it gets too close I might have to:(

pmills, did you receive a shipping notification that your passport was shipped or going to be delivered?

pmills Jun 26th 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by Nigel84 (Post 7702322)
Thanks for the information JulesNYC and pmills. Hopefully then something comes in soon. I am trying to avoid having to call because they charge so much but if it gets too close I might have to:(

pmills, did you receive a shipping notification that your passport was shipped or going to be delivered?

I got a call yesterday to confirm my address and I was told it was being shipped that same day.

Nigel84 Jun 26th 2009 7:01 pm

Re: Passport Delays
 

Originally Posted by pmills (Post 7702419)
I got a call yesterday to confirm my address and I was told it was being shipped that same day.

Ok thanks :)

You guys have put me a little more at ease. I was starting to get really worried since it won't be long now until I leave and people were talking about months before they got their passports. They already took the money from my credit card so maybe I am in the home stretch now:fingerscrossed:

ayrshirelass Jun 27th 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Help!!!
 
On the 7th May I sent my kids Canadian and my own BRITISH PASSPORT which was issued in Ottawa, off to Washington, with travel dates of 21 June, This would be my kids first British Passports, so I thought 7 weeks was good, as the web site said upto 6 weeks, well 21June has come and gone and I have spent over a $140.00 on calling Carline services, who told me on Wednesday that my passports were completed and I should receive the next day, I have yet to receive them.
Inbetween calling Carline services, I managed to speak to a very nice girl in Ottawa at the British High Commission who has inquired and there was a problem as I did not send my Birth Certificate, I misread the application, now I am not sure but no one from washington has contacted me, and why have they waited for nearly 8 weeks to have a problem with the application?
They took payment on May 26.
So right now, I am on vacation from work, waiting to go visit my aging mother in Scotland, and I have no clue where my passports are, and no one can help you, there is no point in me spending more money calling Carline Services, because as far as they were concerned my passports have been completed and I should have received them Thursday???
Does anyone out there have a number for anyone in Washington, I am desperate!!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:36 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.