Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

midmod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
I'm real curious about UPS. When I got mine it required adult signature because it was sensitive document. Who signed for yours??
Like so many others, I just found the UPS envelope sitting on the doormat. Why some have to sign and others don't is puzzling to me. Our UPS guy usually rings the doorbell for the most trivial items.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midmod
So I went out to pick up my mail and, on my doormat lies my passport! (the UPS guy didn't ring the doorbell!) Thank you Green Team! Careline told me that DC would contact me within 3 or 4 days. Instead of calling, they went ahead and sent my passport...Phew! I hope everyone else with a similar timeline doesn't have to wait much longer.
How wonderful! Are you going to leave the support group or hang around to encourage others?:
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

boulty is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Passport Delays

I have been travelling in South America for a while and all my pages got filled with stamps so I needed a passport renewal. British Embassy in Buenos Aires advised me to send existing passport to Washington. Tourist visa lasts 90 days in Argentina so I hope it arrives soon! Visa up on 6 AUG (but not a huge problem as can pay small fine to stay longer). Already cancelled four pre-arranged trips. Locked into Colombia trip in late August. May end up having to get ETD and additional visas. Is there anybody applying with any luck from South America?

09 May: Sent passport to DC from Buenos Aires by DHL
12 May: Passport received at Consular Service Washington
14 June: Passport application processed
16 June: CC Payment processed
19 July: Called Careline, spoke to Scottish Jane, 6 digit ref number (with no 'R'?) ..... told it could be another 10 weeks! Totally unacceptable.

Thinking about contacting local MP in UK to speed up the process.
Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Boulty
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

FredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Excellent...good for you and everyone else who have received their PPs.

I hope this means the FCO are getting their arses in gear and sorting this mess out...rather than prioritizing those that phone and complain...thus pushing the rest further and further down the queue.
Surely you're not suggesting that people aren't fully justified in phoning to complain about the disgraceful way they've been treated and this whole appalling fiasco?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FredCDobbs
Surely you're not suggesting that people aren't fully justified in phoning to complain about the disgraceful way they've been treated and this whole appalling fiasco?
No of course not and I agree it is an appalling fiasco. Just hoping that the good news we are hearing is because FCO is sorting themselves out...not just shuffling the applications around.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BellaE
How wonderful! Are you going to leave the support group or hang around to encourage others?:
I'll stick around. I'm also taking time to look around the lighter, trivial threads now that the huge weight has been lifted.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Saro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boulty

19 July: Called Careline, spoke to Scottish Jane, 6 digit ref number (with no 'R'?) ..... told it could be another 10 weeks! Totally unacceptable.
I wonder about that R. I was given a number with an R without giving a travel date - all I asked Careline for was a status. On the other hand, mine should have arrived my now, even by their current, completely ridiculous, estimates. Does it just depend on who you get on the phone? Does it even mean anything?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by boulty
I have been travelling in South America for a while and all my pages got filled with stamps so I needed a passport renewal. British Embassy in Buenos Aires advised me to send existing passport to Washington. Tourist visa lasts 90 days in Argentina so I hope it arrives soon! Visa up on 6 AUG (but not a huge problem as can pay small fine to stay longer). Already cancelled four pre-arranged trips. Locked into Colombia trip in late August. May end up having to get ETD and additional visas. Is there anybody applying with any luck from South America?

Thinking about contacting local MP in UK to speed up the process.
Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Boulty
Your time-line is very close to mine. I was told last week that it COULD take 10 weeks after payment. There was no record of me in the computer. I was told the ref# is just something to help them pull your file up every time you call. An expired visa sure sounds like an emergency and inconvenience in my book! Call them tomorrow.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:15 am
Just Joined

boulty is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by midmod
Your time-line is very close to mine. I was told last week that it COULD take 10 weeks after payment. There was no record of me in the computer. I was told the ref# is just something to help them pull your file up every time you call. An expired visa sure sounds like an emergency and inconvenience in my book! Call them tomorrow.

As Careline is 24hr and free these days, I called them back straight away.... hoping not to get the unhelpful Jane. The friendly Scott (the Scot) answered, he gave me a different reference number for the call, 1584**, just 63 digits different from my last reference number (which makes me think it is just the number of calls logged) and looked my case file up on a tracking system. He said my passport would be another 3-5 weeks maximum before it got here. My tourist visa might expire but at least this gives me a bit of hope!

Cheers

Boulty
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:19 am
Just Joined

It looks like they tried to deliver my passport! I missed the UPS van by minutes. I'm going to try and pick it up from them now!

The guy who countersigned for me keeps asking me whether I've received it yet and I keep having to tell him no. In fact, I told him the delay is clearly his fault, and he must be on a terrorist watch list somewhere.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:32 am
Just Joined

debby66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saro
It looks like they tried to deliver my passport! I missed the UPS van by minutes. I'm going to try and pick it up from them now!

The guy who countersigned for me keeps asking me whether I've received it yet and I keep having to tell him no. In fact, I told him the delay is clearly his fault, and he must be on a terrorist watch list somewhere.
lucky you..i called careline last night and they said,my passports are going into printing in a day or 2,then have to be quality checked,then dispatched,so he said expect it within 7 days.
im getting nearer to my holiday but its looking good.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:08 am
Just Joined

So I was able to pick up my passport, but I found out why Careline couldn't find me in their system. They misspelled my name!! I suppose they will take another 4 months to fix it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So I was able to pick up my passport, but I found out why Careline couldn't find me in their system. They misspelled my name!! I suppose they will take another 4 months to fix it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Oh no!!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Shazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant future

O.M.G!!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 2:32 am
Just Joined

vanfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like I may be getting my passport tomorrow, was sent a UPS tracking number today by the embassy. Was supposed to be delivered today but the address was wrong so they're sending it Wed. So excited!, last Thurs night when I called they hadn't even started processing. was apprently printed and ready to go Friday!

Saro, sorry to hear they spelled your name wrong, hopefullly they'll fix it quick for you. They can move quickly if they have too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.