Originally Posted by mshedden
and a star!
lol yes, a gold star!!!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 4:33 am
Just Joined

cheryl56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by gbr2usa
OMG......I just recevied an email from the Embassy.......my passport is being shipped tonight.............I can't beleive it...Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo, I think I am going to cry!
So glad to hear that passports are arriving for people...was starting to feel bad that I actually had mine. Only 3 more days before I get to taste good ole fish and chips and proper sausages again washed down with a proper cuppa tea
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

aml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cheryl56
Only 3 more days before I get to taste good ole fish and chips and proper sausages again washed down with a proper cuppa tea
I'm not going to lie, I hate you just a little bit right now
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

My card was charged on 17th June.

1. Do you think there's any chance I may receive the passport by 14th July? It's a renewal.

2. I know it's slim but I'm not sure...does calling Careline help expedite things in any manner?
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:09 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hotscot

1. Do you think there's any chance I may receive the passport by 14th July? It's a renewal.

2. I know it's slim but I'm not sure...does calling Careline help expedite things in any manner?
1. Highly unlikely since they are still quoting 10 weeks from payment.

2. Juries still out to whether this actually helps or not.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

aml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to allaml1982 is a name known to all

It seems unlikely, especially given the 4th July won't speed things up.

Regarding the careline, I don't know, I haven't reached that stage just yet. Lots of people report that the Careline promise to escalate their case, but whether or not they actually do, and whether or not them escalating it actually has an effect, still seem to be unanswered questions.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:44 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aml1982
It seems unlikely, especially given the 4th July won't speed things up.
Definitely another spanner in the works.

I'm still waiting on a callback from the consulate team.

Anyone had a call returned on a weekend to date?
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LP9

No, although my wife just had a missed call from an unlisted number - we were wondering (hoping) if it was the payment team in DC calling for alternative payment details from us, after the card we originally authorised for our payment had to be cancelled. Been around three weeks since the application arrived in Washington, and from most accounts 3-4 weeks seems to be the time frame for the payment to be taken.

Edit - not sure about consulates, they tend to be Mon-Fri, 9-5 local time type places (which I imagine is the same for the passport processors, likely ruling out my above hopes). The careline is closed from roughly midnight on Friday until 7pm on Sunday, EST, so they won't be calling anyone.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LP9

Don't be daft.

I think Dean posted the working hours somewhere.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 7:26 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Don't be daft.

I think Dean posted the working hours somewhere.
Well I thought maybe they might have a special team that works outside of normal hours for special cases. I suppose I should know better.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any businessmen affected by this? What if you have to do regular travel back and forth...?
Old Jun 25th 2011, 7:33 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Are there any businessmen affected by this? What if you have to do regular travel back and forth...?
I would think the majority would do it in person or express in the UK if they are frequent travelers.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 8:05 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LP9
Well I thought maybe they might have a special team that works outside of normal hours for special cases. I suppose I should know better.
They do, which Dean has also posted about on here in the past.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 8:06 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
They do, which Dean has also posted about on here in the past.
Well thats very cool.....makes me feel a little bit better about it.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

pTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of lightpTeronaut is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know why I&PS D.C. don't work out how many they can process (by averaging out the best & worst case times) in three weeks and start sending a weeks worth of applications back to the UK for processing.

If the UK is nowhere near as stressed as the US regional office, surely it can stand to help pick up some of the US' slack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.