Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Linden.g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

Thanks cheryl,
Originally Posted by cheryl56
I feel for you Linden, am in the same situation as you,see my post below.Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Passport Delays

Okay, to help Dean out here, so he's not having to follow a horde of other threads, I've closed the other two on going passport threads and keeping this one.

He's a busy chap trying to help everyone out and finding to many threads to keep track of pretty difficult.

If we can keep passport related questions in this thread, he'd appreciate it.

The other threads, for background :-
UK Passport Renewal

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Okay, to help Dean out here, so he's not having to follow a horde of other threads, I've closed the other two on going passport threads and keeping this one.

He's a busy chap trying to help everyone out and finding to many threads to keep track of pretty difficult.

If we can keep passport related questions in this thread, he'd appreciate it.

The other threads, for background :-
UK Passport Renewal

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time
Here's another passport thread that was opened a couple of days ago. Perhaps it could be merged with this one or closed to save confusion.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 7:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Here's another passport thread that was opened a couple of days ago. Perhaps it could be merged with this one or closed to save confusion.
yeah, I'd already closed that but forgot to add it to the above list
Old Jun 5th 2011, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

FredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to all

Submitted daughter's passport application in March. Credit card charged March 23rd. Still no passport. Scheduled to leave June 8th. In a total panic.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

FredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to all

Actually sent it in February 26 -- 14 weeks ago.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

OK, apparently the thing to do is PM Dean. Need to have made three posts to be allowed to PM. This is my third. Sorry.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

trinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nicetrinbrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by FredCDobbs
OK, apparently the thing to do is PM Dean. Need to have made three posts to be allowed to PM. This is my third. Sorry.
Good morning guys.
well its coming into my tenth week heres my timeline again,sent 1st april rec in DC 4th april....CC charged 16th may (6wks) and today is 6th june (3 wks ) going in to the 10 th week bearing in mind it is actually longer day wise as these wks are work weeks and not including the weekends. So fingers still crossed hoping that i get it this week pllssssss!!!! waiting is the worst,lol!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

sachminu is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, so I sent my passport application out to the 19th observatory circle address on Fri via USPS Express Mail. Today they went out to deliver it at 8:30am and no one was there to accept the package. Does anyone know what time the processing center opens?
The package was sent back to USPS and they left a notice on the door for pickup. Is this normal, has this happened to anyone else? Getting nervous here, as I dont want my passport documents to end up in the wrong hands.

Any input would be appreciated.
thanks.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:05 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sachminu
ok, so I sent my passport application out to the 19th observatory circle address on Fri via USPS Express Mail. Today they went out to deliver it at 8:30am and no one was there to accept the package. Does anyone know what time the processing center opens?
The package was sent back to USPS and they left a notice on the door for pickup. Is this normal, has this happened to anyone else? Getting nervous here, as I dont want my passport documents to end up in the wrong hands.

Any input would be appreciated.
thanks.

I think the timely advice here is NOT to send it by USPS..loads of chat on here about bad delivery info or not sure if they even got it .......UPS and FED Ex at least try to re-deliver it. The post office does not. Also the tracking with the post office is unreliable. The blessing is that the post office will return to sender if it is not picked up.

My Timeline

Recvd DC 04/12
card charged 05/18
called careline 05/25 (an arm and a leg for bad service.. and could not help!!!)
due to travel 06/30
passport delivery date??????

I wonder..... if all ex pats threatened to declare independence again like they did in the 1700's ... would it provoke a reaction from the Crown????

Answers on a postcard please

Hope your not going to try to travel soon.

Dean ( British Consul) seems to be the hero here in many situations.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:11 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trinbrit
Good morning guys.
well its coming into my tenth week heres my timeline again,sent 1st april rec in DC 4th april....CC charged 16th may (6wks) and today is 6th june (3 wks ) going in to the 10 th week bearing in mind it is actually longer day wise as these wks are work weeks and not including the weekends. So fingers still crossed hoping that i get it this week pllssssss!!!! waiting is the worst,lol!
The timeline actually starts after your credit card was charged not from when you sent it out or it was received. So your timeline is actually 3 weeks.The website had originally mentioned about 4 weeks after your credit card was charged but there are longer delays now. Our credit card was charged April 14th and still nothing.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:16 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Sorry got the last one wrong! I think we should all threaten to move back to blighty!! and all camp out in Swansea.. we could get a passport office and DVLC in one fell swoop.

Ps Penguin Bar... Timeline starts from when they got it..... The website states 4 weeks (now delayed of course) from them getting it to you getting it back

Last edited by lyonsden1193; Jun 6th 2011 at 4:16 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:19 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Incorrect. The website staes processing from when the fee is taken.

We aim to process the new passport within four weeks from the date the fee is taken and the application contains all of the information we need. Failure to provide all of the required documentation will result in your application being delayed or returned. If it is a first time application, or you are replacing a lost or stolen passport, you should allow at least six weeks

Last edited by penguinbar; Jun 6th 2011 at 4:20 pm. Reason: I meant states. Typo.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:35 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

You are correct, but I, like many others would not expect them to take 4 to six weeks just to open an envelope and would count that time(given that you know they have it!). Then if you want to correct anybody on anything I would suggest we look into the word 'CARELINE' now that really does take the buscuit. I called got nowhere.. They told me that escalations were NOT possible( yet others have got them)?? they told me the advice I got (from This site "Dean") was wrong, and then they tried to charge my CC twice... Humm.

Ps: I hate them typos as well sometimes the fingers will not behave. I blame mine on old age and grey hair, poor eyesight and a wife who hassles me about a honey do list she keeps making up!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

DanniU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by British Consul
Answered in other thread. New style passports are only issued in the UK.

Dean
Travel is on the 2nd July. I am taking my 3 kids to france to visit my ailing Dad for possibly the last time. Traveling via UK as it was cheaper.

I sent my son and my passport for renewal, received by washington 9th May. Today is 4 weeks later and no credit card charged. Careline today told me that he could almost guarantee that I would not get our passports in time.

I left a message for the New York Consulate to make an appointment for an emergency passport, but am concerned that wont allow me to travel to UK and then on to France, back to UK for flight home to New York?

Does anyone know if the emergency travel documents will allow that?

Do you think that there is any chance I might actually get my passport in time? I truly cannot afford to cancel flights and re-book, they cost me an absolute fortune that I had been saving for ages to visit my Dad.

I know they say not to book your flights, but you have to right? the later you leave it the more expensive they get (especially with 3 kids).

I thought 8 weeks would be plenty. The website says 4 weeks, but you dont realise until you call careline, and its too late that the 4 weeks is from credit card charge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.