Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

taradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nice
Default Re: Passport Delays

Oh and could you pass on Gerrys number? It sounds like if I speak to him I won't care about the passports!

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Ok my timeline......
Jan 09 - Knew the kids passports were running out put on my things to do list. They have german ones too so what weigh up the prices and the inconvenience - German u have to go to washington and get fingerprints done, the british ones just fillout and send it...
Feb 09 - Put the paperwork in for my green card extension - the pound is up and down, the prices keep changing..kids passports put on the things to do list.
Mar 09 - Looked at a this site for "how to apply" for the passports. Kids telling me they are under no circumstances having their fotos done without the hair being done first. Hair gets done. No money for passports, Kids passports on the things to do list.
April 09 - kaskas birthday, money money money. What we doing for the summer break.Kaska wants to go to europe for the summer, kelly wants to go for two weeks... crap.. passports... Wasnt their a passport fee change? AHA pays to wait I am going to get them cheaper - kids passports on the things to do list.
May 09 - Oh crap - The things to do list still has the passport on it. Bugger British Expats are up in arms at delays, what delays? oh crap them delays, oh shite, oh crap, oh bugger.. the to do list is laughing at me!!
May 10th . send the passport application off, go to fedex forget the address, double crap, phone Bitch from Hell Number one. Please tell me the address that is on the table that I forogt, what paper? the paper on the table? what table? i swear by god if i could have put my hand down the phone and throttled her I would have. Fedex let me use the pc to find the address. Wrote address, Mrs Fedex looks at me and says what state is Washington dc in... is this a trick question? It must be, gotta be. No one is that bloody stupid..
May 20... decide to go into pc and track passports did they arrive? They did, may 13.
May 21, 22, 23, 24,25,26 check if money has gone out of credit card.No money out ... oh pissy pants.
May 28 - kids u might not be going on holiday. Kids - mama u %^&% up. now i would never admit to it.. but that to do list.... hmmm
Jun 3 Money has left the credit card. They have my money, must be a good sign, my moneys gone, no passports but the money has gone.
June 7 read on British expats from Dean and enquiery service. Fill out the form and press send.
June 8. Land in Detroit . Mr Sexy Voice (swoon) calls and tells me I need pics countersigned. They are countersigned .. no NOT FROM UR HUSBAND..i know he had a point but u know a girl got to do what a girls got to do. He is a cop doenst that make him an honest law abiding citizen?? The girls look the same.. no they dont look the same they were 10 and 12 when they had the pics done.. they look the same they do.. i know i live with them.. grrrr.. get the photos done and back to me ...ok submission.. He is right i am wrong.Drive 98 miles an hour on the highway. I swear if the cops had pulled me over i would have said Gerry told me to... : )
June 9 - Gerry calls.. oh let me go into my own quiet space to purr...... Tells me the passports will be sent out on 10 will arrive on 11..
June 10 - Passports arrive....

big BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU.

My to do list has been destroyed!!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

JulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really nice

Dean - FYI
I just tried to fill out the passport enquiry form (USA), twice. Each time I got an error message once I click on 'submit' telling me that my session has expired. (I was on less than 1 min. filling out the form each time).

Just wanted to let you know in case others are experiencing the same problems.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

JulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really nice

Originally Posted by JulesNYC
Dean - FYI
I just tried to fill out the passport enquiry form (USA), twice. Each time I got an error message once I click on 'submit' telling me that my session has expired. (I was on less than 1 min. filling out the form each time).

Just wanted to let you know in case others are experiencing the same problems.
Hey folks - I figured out this issue might only pertain to those of you using Firefox as a browser. I tried submitting my form again using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and I had no problems.

Just FYI..
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

mainscow is an unknown quantity at this point

So I have an update. The embassy just called. They needed a copy of a my greencard to verify the picture on my application. They said that barring any problems, it should be issued really soon, and be in my hand within 4 days. Finally think I'm getting somewhere....
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Cachad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aliandchris
I was thinking people could post their time frames on passport delays here. Currently the British Embassy in Washington is experiencing technical difficulties that make British passport changes horrendously slow.

If you've recently sent off your passport and have received it back, can you please post when you sent it, the date they took the payment, and when you received the passport.
I was in a Major car collision on April 9th. Was in hospital ten days
Fiance got emergency leave April 10th
Passport lost in Iraq
Applied April 12
waited, waited
they STARTED processing his passport may 10th and we're STILL waiting!!!!! He's a Former Royal Marine Commando working in Iraq and we cannot get one single person at the embassy here in Washington DC or Kuwait/Doha/Dubai to get things moving. He's been stuck in limbo since April and I had to send my child to rotate living with different classmates she wont miss school. I wont go into what else I have had to do to get through this. I REALLY need some help here. Abtrans non 900 number at least got me to a real person who was no help.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

taradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nice

PM Dean - he is great and I'm sure will point you in the right direction.
Hope all works out for you,
take care xx

Originally Posted by Cachad
I was in a Major car collision on April 9th. Was in hospital ten days
Fiance got emergency leave April 10th
Passport lost in Iraq
Applied April 12
waited, waited
they STARTED processing his passport may 10th and we're STILL waiting!!!!! He's a Former Royal Marine Commando working in Iraq and we cannot get one single person at the embassy here in Washington DC or Kuwait/Doha/Dubai to get things moving. He's been stuck in limbo since April and I had to send my child to rotate living with different classmates she wont miss school. I wont go into what else I have had to do to get through this. I REALLY need some help here. Abtrans non 900 number at least got me to a real person who was no help.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

pmills is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My application was received June 3rd....i had wanted to travel by the 6th of July does it seem possible? I paid for the application with a money order also does that make any difference in how fast the application shall be processed?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

20masonroad will become famous soon enough

Based on my experience, if they received it June 3rd, they will start your application sometime at the end of June, then you might get it by mid July....
Good luck.
Read this thread, it might give some ideas on how to hussle them, but in general, it don't work....You sit and wait!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

I thought so too,thanks though!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

mainscow is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if it doesn't work. I think earlier Dean said something about having a firm travel plan. If you don't have a travel plan, you'll be in the bottom of the pile, but if you do, they will expedite it.

I would give Careline a call. Let them know you are waiting, and that there is an urgency because you have booked a flight. I had to do this last week - I had the flight numbers handy - they messaged the embassy, and the embassy called me the very next day. They needed some extra stuff (scanned licence and greencard), and they emailed me back to say that everything looked fine and I should have my passport in a couple of days. It's worth a try, you have nothing to lose apart from about $10 in phone calls. Their phone system seems a lot fairer than Abtran too. I called the London number.

Good luck,
Mark
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,
I think i'll give that a try too.I was having problems with the careline number earlier so I just completed the status enquiry form online. I will try again though hopefully I get lucky.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Cachad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by taradem
PM Dean - he is great and I'm sure will point you in the right direction.
Hope all works out for you,
take care xx
Taradem, Back in May, when I was lucky enough to find this site, I had called Dean's consulate and was told by a nice man there that unfortunately they could not help me. I was directed to the Washington DC Embassy and was given the same spiel. We're at wits end to be honest.

Last edited by Cachad; Jun 15th 2009 at 3:31 pm. Reason: spelling error
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

PM Dean through the site.
I just received my passports today, they were issued on Friday but only after Clare from Ottawa made a call. That is 7 weeks from when I applied. Its appalling.[

QUOTE=Cachad;7666870]Taradem, Back in May, when I was lucky enough to find this site, I had called Dean's consulate and was told by a nice man there that unfortunately they could not help me. I was directed to the Washington DC Embassy and was given the same spiel. We're at wits end to be honest.[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

1234qwer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aliandchris
Whats the 8 weeks bit about? My parents are going over to see my wife's family's place and if it's 8 weeks then we won't be there at the same time as them. Russd, have you received yours yet. We also had our payment taken on April 15th. We're simply doing a name change, the sad thing is we may have been able to go over without doing that. C'est la vive.
chris and ali
unfortunatly mine was a name change and l had a confirmed date for travel and l honestly belive they held up my passport because l complained to them first, as soon as l went through Ottowa l got results ( with Claire) but it still came a week late

Last edited by 1234qwer; Jun 16th 2009 at 8:15 pm. Reason: l missed a bit
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1234qwer
unfortunatly mine was a name change and l had a confirmed date for travel and l honestly belive they held up my passport because l complained to them first, as soon as l went through Ottowa l got results ( with Claire) but it still came a week late
I filled out that form online last week... and the passport arrived today. Nice. That's a worry off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.