Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Confusion

Passport Confusion

Old Oct 31st 2010, 2:17 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Confusion

Originally Posted by TimNiceBut
Might be worth mentioning that it's got visas inside and ask them politely not to cut or damage those - just to be on the safe side. Most countries don't take very kindly to people showing up with visas that have been damaged when the passport was invalidated.
They are not stupid and know that. Ive had three passports returned to me know after renewal and all have had the corner cur from the passport and the visa perferctly intact inside (as are the rest of the inside pages).
Old Oct 31st 2010, 2:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Might be worth mentioning that it's got visas inside and ask them politely not to cut or damage those - just to be on the safe side. Most countries don't take very kindly to people showing up with visas that have been damaged when the passport was invalidated.
They only cut a little bit off the corner...not shred it.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

I guess the Germans are a bit more thorough then - there is a sizeable part of the corner missing on my old passports.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Catgirl has a brilliant futureCatgirl has a brilliant futureCatgirl has a brilliant futureCatgirl has a brilliant futureCatgirl has a brilliant futureCatgirl has a brilliant futureCatgirl has a brilliant future

Sent my DD's passport for renewal, last week on Tuesday. They received the paperwork on Thursday. New passport was delivered next week on Friday. Just over a week!!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 2:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the Germans are a bit more thorough then - there is a sizeable part of the corner missing on my old passports.
They always were a bit extreme.