passport

Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

janine74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: passport

I think this topic got off track. I am Not asking about becoming a US citizen. I am not interested in that at this time. I had heard my son is eligible to have a British passport. I want him to have one instead of a US passport. can i still register his birth even though it has been 15 years.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:04 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janine74
I think this topic got off track. I am Not asking about becoming a US citizen. I am not interested in that at this time. I had heard my son is eligible to have a British passport. I want him to have one instead of a US passport. can i still register his birth even though it has been 15 years.
Well, he will have to keep his US passport but he can have a uk one too.

He has to keep his US passport to leave and re-enter the USA. He should enter the UK on his UK one when you get it.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Trixie... now how do i get him one? and do you know if i still can register his birth? and how? i cant figure out how to do these things
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please be patient. As I said before...as you did not register his birth with the UK Embassy I am not sure of the process...but some of our members may be able to help you.

If you use the search function and search the US forums you should be able to find the answers you are looking for...there have been lots of threads about this subject. Also take a look in the BE Wiki.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:11 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

what i meant was. i didnt have a child to become a resident of the states. I already had my greencard. how do you become a us citizen just because you have a child? i didnt know that was possible? so can you point me in the right direction? i really want my son to have a uk passport. is that still possible as he has a US one?
As for this: If you went back to the uk for an extended period of time (ie 2 years or more) you would have abandoned your resident status, and then not have any rights to even visit the US, never mind live here.
As a mother, it may be worth looking at applying to be a US citizen so you have entry rights to the USA even if you don't live here any more, you may want to visit your children or grandchildren at some point, even if you live in the UK.

As a permanent resident, you can apply for citizenship via that.
If you weren't a PR (green card holder) you could get your child to sponsor you once of age. It takes a while to go that route.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:12 pm
Are we there yet?

google is your friend

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...-registration/
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
The OP does not have to register his birth for him to get a UK PP. If his birth had been registered I think it would make it easier...that's why I asked.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Trixie... now how do i get him one? and do you know if i still can register his birth? and how? i cant figure out how to do these things
Try this link for starters:

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...nals/passports

Rene
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone... no i am permanent. we are thinking of the whole family (well theres three of us) moving back to England at some point. Thats why i want my son to have some documents because he wants to go to school there. my husband wants to live there and so do i . I am here because my mom is. she is elderly and will never go back to England so i must stay here for her. I have no other family here but her. My husband doesnt associate with his family and everyone else is in england so it would be nice to go back. moving there... thats a whole other thread i am sure
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

janine74...have you looked at the UK Embassy's website? There is a section about applying for UK PPs. Your son will be applying for a first passport...so you will have to send in all the relevant documents they ask for...including your birth certificate. If you apply for a PP for yourself...it is a renewal.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jerseygirl... does it matter that he already has a US passport? would i have to send a copy of that?
thanks for all your help
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks everyone... no i am permanent. we are thinking of the whole family (well theres three of us) moving back to England at some point. Thats why i want my son to have some documents because he wants to go to school there. my husband wants to live there and so do i . I am here because my mom is. she is elderly and will never go back to England so i must stay here for her. I have no other family here but her. My husband doesnt associate with his family and everyone else is in england so it would be nice to go back. moving there... thats a whole other thread i am sure
What if your husband cannot settle in the UK...or when you son becomes an adult he decides to move back to the US? It would be much easier for you to move back if you were a USC.

In that case you may be interested in our Moving Back To The UK Forum...lots of people move back with non UKC spouses.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:23 pm
Are we there yet?

I'm sure it will be a new thread

What nationality is your husband?
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl... does it matter that he already has a US passport? would i have to send a copy of that?
thanks for all your help
No. The UK Embassy are not interested in his US status. He is British...as long as you can prove that (ie his and yours birth certificates etc)...that's all they are interested in.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:24 pm
Are we there yet?

thanks for all your help
I don't think they care.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.