Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passing NJ Driving theory test

Passing NJ Driving theory test

Old Oct 13th 2017, 5:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passing NJ Driving theory test

Originally Posted by Rete
Not to beat the dead horse but in my former career endeavors I would review (read and analyze) a document and make any revisions I felt were required.

As said - common language with major differences. Interesting how one language has evolved. Imagine, and know first hand, how it has evolved in Canada, as well as between provinces. Just as each State in the US has different uses and meanings to the same phrases and/or words.

Still laugh that in Canada being 'pissed' means being drunk.

In the US being 'pissed' means being angry.

Fun ain't it
Pissed can mean both drunk or angry in the UK. Fag is cigarette. Fanny does not mean bum...it means vajayjay. I nearly choked when one mum at my daughter’s school shouted ‘I have a sore fanny’.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 13th 2017 at 6:02 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Pissed can mean both drunk or angry in the UK. Fag is cigarette. Fanny does not mean bum...it means vajayjay. I nearly choked when one mum at my daughter’s school shouted ‘I have a sore fanny’.
Talking to a female colleague, I commented on the fur seat covers she had in her car. She said "That's so I don't burn my fanny". I then explained to her what that meant to me. She turned red.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 12:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JosiesJourney
Yes that makes sense even though I enjoy the thought of 11 hours with small children in the back of a car, flying sounds more sensible! One of the main things on our list is Niagra Falls - L1(husband) has been but I haven't so would love to go! have you?
Done the trip dozens of times from Morris County. It takes approx 6 hrs to Niagara...depending on the number of stops you make. Rt 80 west...Rt 81 to Syracuse...then NY Thruway. Watch your speed on the NY Thruway...traffic cops are everywhere. If you are crossing the border it can take anything from driving straight through to 2+hr wait. Add another 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to drive to Toronto from Niagara...could be considerably more if you hit rush hour traffic.

A couple of times we have driven up 287 north...then east north of the lake to Toronto. We found it takes much longer than than Rt 80 etc.

If you wish to fly....from Newark to Buffalo...or from Newark to Toronto’s Billy Bishop Airport (a much better experience than Pearson)...it is also located downtown.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 24th 2017 at 12:15 pm.