Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passenger Details for flight for Visa Holders

Passenger Details for flight for Visa Holders

Old Jun 19th 2012, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passenger Details for flight for Visa Holders

I can't see an alien number on my H4. Maybe you do only get it when you apply for the Green Card.

All very confusing, sorry Nicky, hope you get the info.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:00 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I stand my earlier advice and call the airline to see if any of the numpties there can actually answer your question. It does seem there are some new requirements as just to fly domestically, I was asked for some identifying info on reservations. And I believe it said all info had to be entered otherwise you may not be allowed to board the plane.

Good luck in finding an answer. I'm sure you are not the only visa holders in this situation! We can only hope that if its the TSA that requires this info, then they'll have to force the airlines to all conform and create a form that actually makes sense to everyone.
I thought it must be a fairly common problem, thought I would get an easy answer but I should have known better

I know we had to complete the info last year when we went back to England, but I'm sure Virgin had a drop down for temporary resident.

Anyhow... I selected the PR drop down on AA website, and entered my visa number. Then I went and changed this info to 'I don't have a US Resident Card.' It has now updated this and allowed me to submit it without taking me to fill out and ESTA. My flight details say they are complete.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I can't see an alien number on my H4. Maybe you do only get it when you apply for the Green Card.

All very confusing, sorry Nicky, hope you get the info.
Thanks Sally, I was beginning to think I was going crazy and it must be on my Visa somewhere.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Presumably when you file for a K1 though you are applying to become a PR?
Once can apply for a K-1 visa without subsequently applying to become a PR.

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Once can apply for a K-1 visa without subsequently applying to become a PR.

Ian
Hi Ian,

I have a K1 and intent to use it next month. Could I just travel on ESTA as a visitor? If thats not correct, which I suspect it isn't, then how should I "do it right"? It seems the A number on the Visa is not a PR number? Sorry if my terminology is wrong! I just wonder when it comes to providing details, how to do it. Perhaps a case for checking in at a desk.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craig_sp
It seems the A number on the Visa is not a PR number? Sorry if my terminology is wrong! I just wonder when it comes to providing details, how to do it.
For some people - such as with a K-1 visa - there is no mechanism for an online check in, and you must check in at the desk in the terminal. There's nothing to be gained by trying to travel on ESTA... just get to the terminal earlier than you'd otherwise go.

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't check-in online with my greencard with icelandair, they only accepted ESTA for non-US citizens.