Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Panoramic view of Phoenix

Panoramic view of Phoenix

Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Panoramic view of Phoenix

Taken from Camelback mountain this afternoon while cycling. Pics a little crappy as the weather wasn't that great.
Attached Thumbnails Panoramic view of Phoenix-panoramiclight.jpg  
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:11 pm
Franklin

Yoooooooooooo!!!!!! Great outcrop of rock. I saw a lot of drop dead gorgeous colored outcrops and needle rock on my trip to Scottsdale. What a beautiful area. Just drop dead gorgeous. I got a ride in a limo around the residential areas, including a gated community to look at houses. cool: Many of the gardens just seemed to be desert, self sustaining minimum maintenance desert. With the "old men" cacti. :

:lecture: The driver told me that if anyone wanted to move or relocate a cactus they had to get permission (maybe he said permit). Apparently if you misplace the cactus (e.g. put the sun exposed side in the shade) it can die.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you should try another pic from the same location on another day when the weather is a bit clearer.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Camelback mountain is where the rich folks live. Everything off the main road that runs up the Phoenix side, is a private road. There are some beautiful and some strange looking modern houses up there.
Attached Thumbnails Panoramic view of Phoenix-camelback.jpg  

Last edited by Pimpbot; Jan 28th 2004 at 10:17 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jabba1
Maybe you should try another pic from the same location on another day when the weather is a bit clearer.
I sweated enough cycling up there today. You think I want to do it when the suns out?. lol
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Attached Thumbnails Panoramic view of Phoenix-camelback1.jpg  
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

What's the flag for?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jabba1
What's the flag for?
Its in the front yard of a house. You just cannot see the house because of the steap drive.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:17 am
Franklin

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Camelback mountain is where the rich folks live. Everything off the main road that runs up the Phoenix side, is a private road. There are some beautiful and some strange looking modern houses up there.

Wow is all I can say, what a fantastic neighborhood! Stunning picture, keep them coming! Please

Who managed to build right up on the side of that mountain?

Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Here's the view from the other side of town, from the top of South Mountain. That's downtown Phoenix straight ahead and Camelback Mountain just beyond.
Attached Thumbnails Panoramic view of Phoenix-dcp.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

I live in Gilbert, near Superstition Mountain, home of the legendary Lost Dutchman's Mine. Here's a pic I took of the mountain (actually a monolith) a couple of years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Panoramic view of Phoenix-mar1323.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Here's a nice little home--Frank Lloyd Wright's place in Scottsdale: Taliesin West.
Attached Thumbnails Panoramic view of Phoenix-mar311.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:48 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by edwords
Here's a nice little home--Frank Lloyd Wright's place in Scottsdale: Taliesin West.

Super pictures!!! I (and other members of my family) are big fans of Frank Lloyd Wright. We attended a display of architecture models a few years ago at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago. The display included several models of Wrights work, including a sky-scraper concept (mile high building). One of the models was of Falling Waters in PA. I hope to visit Falling Waters in the next year or two.

Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I was in Pheonix I drove past a building built inside of a rock moutain. I think it is right opposite the university of Pheonix.

If my memory is still good I think it was on route 66, can you post a picture of it?
Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by edwords
What a nice place to live.
So how much would this cost? any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.