Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OVERSTOCK - worth the risk?

OVERSTOCK - worth the risk?

Old Dec 16th 2005, 12:45 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: OVERSTOCK - worth the risk?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I have to say that that is not the "Big O" I think of,

Ha ha ha.....do you know whenever I see those adverts I think of the very same thing.....that woman with a big smirk on her face like a Cheshire Cat and at first I did think that the advert was for condoms or 'adult' toys!

Actually the Asda supermarket chain in the UK (owned by Walmart) is now selling vibrators.....can you imagine Walmart selling them over here?

Somehow I think not....
Old Dec 16th 2005, 12:49 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVERSTOCK - worth the risk?

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ha ha ha.....do you know whenever I see those adverts I think of the very same thing.....that woman with a big smirk on her face like a Cheshire Cat and at first I did think that the advert was for condoms or 'adult' toys!

Actually the Asda supermarket chain in the UK (owned by Walmart) is now selling vibrators.....can you imagine Walmart selling them over here?

Somehow I think not....
I think not.. they will stick to selling guns.. much more pleasure giving..
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:23 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nxylas
I got put off by their TV ad. Thanks to those bastards, I now can't get the tune of bleedin' Jingle Bells out of my head with those "O-O-O, the big big O" words replacing the real ones. But perhaps that should be in the "ads that make you see red" thread.

Me too - wouldn't buy from them if they were the only place on the internet!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Dont buy from their 'Domestic Assistant' line of products - My Russian wife turned up and was nothing like the model i ordered.. thieving gits.
I take it you did not get the 6'2", long legged, high cheekbone blonde. I heard they ran out. Now sending, the shorter rounder, potato, pirogi stuffing, vodka drinking version.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:29 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
I take it you did not get the 6'2", long legged, high cheekbone blonde. I heard they ran out. Now sending, the shorter rounder, potato, pirogi stuffing, vodka drinking version.
Reg. Frank R.
You got stuck with one of the 'Olga' range too when you ordered a 'Natalya'? She has hair all the way down to her balls..

Im sure i didnt request one with balls come to think of it..
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

You got stuck with one of the 'Olga' range too when you ordered a 'Natalya'? She has hair all the way down to her balls..

Im sure i didnt request one with balls come to think of it..
You have to be really careful with those mail order bride companies. You should only use accredited ones. Oh and make sure they have a money back guarantee and will pay for the return shipping. Pay for her with your amex card if you can so you get the extra consumer protection they offer.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:44 pm
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by jamjar
You have to be really careful with those mail order bride companies. You should only use accredited ones. Oh and make sure they have a money back guarantee and will pay for the return shipping. Pay for her with your amex card if you can so you get the extra consumer protection they offer.
Im just a sucker for a television commercial where some glamour-bird pretends to sing and bastardizes the words of Jingle Bells for commercial gain.

This bride will have to vali otsyuda! methinks..(apologies for the foul language to the russian speakers among us)
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:19 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone tried Smart Bargain.com? I just stumbled across them this week.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:25 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Did you trip over the undelivered Overstock parcels at the post office?
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:30 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I was quite the opposite!
Waddya mean

http://sabineehrenfeld.tripod.com/gallery.html
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:38 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've bought some fabulous bedding from SmartBargain several times. The sateen sheet sets at half the price they are in Dillard's, are just as good as their claim, and have washed well. I've had two sets of them for over a year now. They arrived promptly too!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:56 pm
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by jamjar
And now 2 Estonian ones arrived at the same time - what a hopeless company!!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I would.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:05 pm
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I would.
yeah - i'd say she's a 2 pinter (But good for 42 years old!)
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

And now 2 Estonian ones arrived at the same time - what a hopeless company!!
I did warn you. It's going to cost you a fortune to send them back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.