Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

overstaying with student visa

overstaying with student visa

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 2:49 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2
stu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default overstaying with student visa

I' d be very gratefull if someone can help me on this:
On March, 1996 I went to US with F1 Visa. My VISA was for 1 year and two months. I was in a University for 1 semester. Then I stayed without trying to extend my I-94(even did not know what period of staying was given). On September, 1997 at the airport I didn't turn in my I-94(because I fonud out that I have lost it-). I show the person at the departure-my I-20 form and a student card( that I attend the university) Then the person told me I can't go back to U.S.
Now I'm planning to go to U.S for my Ph.d
My question is:
*How can I find out if I'm baned for going back to U.S
*For how long could the ban be

Thanks a lot
stu is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.