Reload this Page >

Overstaying I94 date

Overstaying I94 date

Old Mar 16th 2002, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

lisaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overstaying I94 date

Hi, can anyone help me.

I have ben told to leave the US by the end of April, the date is stated on my I94 slip in my passport.

If I leave 50 days or so after this does anyone know what will happen? I know I risk a ban for overstaying by 6 months but what about 50 days?

I also itend to go to Austrailia for 3 months after I leave the US - will there be anything in my passport to say that I broke the law in the US that will affect me entering Oz?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Lisa
Old Mar 16th 2002, 7:35 pm
Steve Millward

Default Re: Overstaying I94 date

any over stay on an I94 is not advisable. It will be more than likely seen by
immigration as trying to avoid getting a visa. And they may not let you back in to
the USA unless you have a FULL visa.

Steve

Old Mar 17th 2002, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

lisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Steve - I actually have a visa, a B2, but they say I've been living here on that visa rather than just visting, which is why they want me to leave. I'm only overstaying by 50 days.

I'm also getting married in August and will apply for a new passport, I know my old B2 will be invalid after overstaying but I don't anticipate living in the US again in the near future.

I would like to visit though on the waiver progamme - hopefully that won't be affeced???
Old Mar 17th 2002, 7:35 pm
Alvena Ferreira

lisaw wrote:
    > Thanks Steve - I actually have a visa, a B2, but they say I've been living here on
    > that visa rather than just visting, which is why they want me to leave. I'm only
    > overstaying by 50 days. I'm also getting married in August and will apply for a new
    > passport, I know my old B2 will be invalid after overstaying but I don't anticipate
    > living in the US again in the near future. I would like to visit though on the
    > waiver progamme - hopefully that won't be affeced???
    >
After your overstay, you may be denied entry if you try to visit on the visa
waiver. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org