Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Over 2 years ago????

Over 2 years ago????

Old Oct 17th 2001, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Help my girlfriend has just sent off the K1 application and as we have been dating for 3 years she sent some of the proof of relationship that is over 2 years old. This includes cards, phone bills, some photo's. There are some things that are under 2 years old, in fact most of the proof is under 2 years old. But will we be rejected because of the older stuff????

Any advive will be much help

Very anxious man
Richard
Old Oct 17th 2001, 3:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you hadn't sent anything that is more current, there is always the possibility that the examiner might ask for proof that you have seen each other in person during the last two years. The length of your relationship is not in question, nor the validity of it actually, but what is of tanamount importance is the fact that you two have physically been in each other's company at some time during the two years prior to the date of your application. Hopefully, you have supplied that information and proof of your meeting with your application.

Rita
Old Oct 17th 2001, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Well I have all the passport stamps and tickets of all my visits including 4 from the last 2 years, as well as the 2 from over 2 years ago. Of the 3 photographs I sent 2 were within the last 2 years and 1 was over 2 years ago. Emails and card were the same 2 of less than 2 years ago 1 of over 2 years ago.

SO anyneed for me to panick or will I have to just take more proof with me to the interview, if I get that far?

Thanks for your help

Still nervous
Richard
Old Oct 17th 2001, 4:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Photographs and e-mails are okay. However, there is no date stamp on photographs and even if there were, the stamps are normally placed there at the time of printing not at the time they photo is taken. E-mails only confirm that you two are in communication with one another. Not sure if your list is a list that you went with the I-129F or just a list of things you have in your possession.

The stamps in your passport, boarding passes, travel itineraries are the key to a successful I-129F. They prove that you were in the country of your fiancee and the other items prove that you have a relationship which involves communication.

So if you sent those stamps, passes, itineraries, then you will be fine.

Rita
Old Oct 17th 2001, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help, feel a lot better now, all the stamps, as well as 2 J-1 visa's in my passport were included as well as tickets, and itinery's. So can sleep a little better tonight!!!

Thanks again
Richard
Old Oct 18th 2001, 12:09 am
Michael Voight

Richard1972 wrote:
    >
    >
    >

I think you misunderstand the requirement. You must have physically been together in
the last 2 years. It doesn't mean you have known each other for more or less than two
years, only that at some point in the last 2 years you were in the same place. They
don't care if you knew or didn't know each other more than 2 years ago.

Michael